Android: Event Capture crashes

Dear Araz, Erling, devs

I’m testing event capture for the 0.5.9 and 0.5.7 releases (the backend is a 2.25 server, revision 6ce8201). The app crashes sometimes when:

1. Navigate from Events to Profile and then Events again (sometimes)

2. Sending data to the server. Sometimes, when just creating several events for several org. units, and I try to push the data, the app crahses

3. Navigating the org. units, although this may be because of the huge number of org. units stored in the device, more than 2.500. Do you think it would be a limitation? (the issues 1) and 2) happened with 138 org. units).

If possible, I would like to use this app for pilot deployments asap, but I believe it is not ready to use in the field yet (of course I understand is in its alpha phase). Do you have an estimation about when it could be more stable (no crashes)?

Thanks guys.

Regards

Jose

Hi Jose,

Could you please specify device model you are testing on? There are memory issues on specific Samsung devices (Tab A 8.0 with android 5.0.2) which cause those crashes. I have also tried to reproduce issues you have described on my own device (Nexus 6P), but did not manage to.

Could you also please create a test user on your instance, so we can try to test event capture against it?

We do not have firm deadlines, but we consider releasing stable version of event capture in the beginning of next year.

Best regards,

···

Araz Abishov,

Android developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

https://www.dhis2.org/

On December 4, 2016 at 11:36:33 AM, Jose Garcia Muñoz (josemp10@gmail.com) wrote:

Dear Araz, Erling, devs

I’m testing event capture for the 0.5.9 and 0.5.7 releases (the backend is a 2.25 server, revision 6ce8201). The app crashes sometimes when:

1. Navigate from Events to Profile and then Events again (sometimes)
  1. Sending data to the server. Sometimes, when just creating several events for several org. units, and I try to push the data, the app crahses
  1. Navigating the org. units, although this may be because of the huge number of org. units stored in the device, more than 2.500. Do you think it would be a limitation? (the issues 1) and 2) happened with 138 org. units).

If possible, I would like to use this app for pilot deployments asap, but I believe it is not ready to use in the field yet (of course I understand is in its alpha phase). Do you have an estimation about when it could be more stable (no crashes)?

Thanks guys.

Regards

Jose