Android application data entry error

Dear Community Greetings,

DHIS2 android application error during data entry, Data entry from DHIS2 android application gives error it does not send value to the server while everything looks good.

Attached picture is the prove of error

Thanks
Jan Agha Stanikzai

Hello @janagha ,

If you click only in one of those you should get a more descriptive error. Could you please do so and paste here? You might also find some information in the Settings > Open sync error log:

1 Like

Dear @jaime.bosque thank you so much for your assistance,

Here are some screen shots i have taken for further specification of error accordingly.

Hope for the best thank you
Jan Agha Stanikzai

Hi @janagha . Sorry for the late response, I missed the notification.

Uhmmm, I would assume your metadata has changed and this is causing the issue. I see, however, that your metadata is up to date (by the second screenshot where I see that the last sync was on the 2023-02-09), if you would set up a new phone, can you edit one DataSet and try to send? Do you get the same error? Can you see the DataSet? Could you please try?

I am thinking if you might have removed some permissions from a specific dataelement in the dataset, or any subelement (category, categoryoption, etc) or even the DataSet.

Also pinging @vgarciabnz as he might be able to know a bit more by the error what’s going on.

Dear @jaime.bosque thank you for your reply,

Submitting dataset level in first picture it shows data submitted to server but there is no data in server side and sync sign on dataset level is still red, and in second picture month data submission synchronization is still the same.

Regards
Jan Agha Stanikzai

Hi @janagha,

I have been looking into this issue but I am not sure about the cause yet. Just to discard possible causes, could you try to logout the Android app, login again and then sync? Let me know if it makes any difference.

Dear @vgarciabnz thank you so much for your assistance,

I have updated DHIS2 android application from 2.7.0 to 2.7.1, i did logout the account from mobile and then login but the results are same.

Regards
Jan Agha Stanikzai

Hi @janagha,

what DHIS2 version are you using? If we could have some test credentials for the sever, it would be great. Do you think it is possible?

Dear @vgarciabnz

We are using DHIS2 version 2.36.10.1, I think the problem is between DHIS2 android application and datasets, the application is not able to find correct datasets to sync values between application and datasets, our DHIS2 instance server administration is the responsibility of our webhosting company.

Regards
Jan Agha Stanikzai

Hey @janagha , and is this happening with all/several the devices?

Dear @jaime.bosque i have checked with different devices the error is same in all devices,

Regards
Jan Agha Stanikzai

Hello, @janagha . Is there a chance you could provide access to a testing server where this is happening ? We will need URL and user/password, ideally you should be able to mount the DB in a testing server. Please, provide those via private message.

I will connect and try to see what’s going on with the App.

Thanks.

Dear @jaime.bosque give me your email in order to give you access.

Regards
Jan Agha Stanikzai

Hello, Jan. I am sorry, I thought you would use the internal message from the platform to provide those. You can find me on jaime.bosque@dhis2.org

Best.

1 Like

Hey Jan, I have been trying to contact you via email unsuccesfuly. Please check. Thanks.

Dear @jaime.bosque

Thank you so much and millions thanks for your untiring support and assistance, the good news is we have solved the error according to your instructions, yes the flag you indicated in system setting> data import (require data elements to be part of data set) was in use, i disabled this option and it gave results, after testing DHIS2 android application synchronizes daily period data, monthly period data as well as data sets and pushes data to the server (i also checked data on server side it is ok).

Once again thank you Jaime Bosque for your outstanding efforts to troubleshoot this error and hope for the continuous support beyond.

Attached is the updated DHIS2 android application synchronization picture.

Thanks and Regards
Jan Agha Stanikzai

3 Likes

For anyone having this issue please note that Android at the moment might (up to 2.7.1) not be compatible with this setting in the server:

Please follow this JIRA issue for updates: DHIS 2 Software - Issues - Jira

1 Like