Android App Event Capture 'Single Event'

Hello DHIS Dev List,

So does anyone know what are the minimum authorities for a user to enter events using either the android app or web client?

I’ve been testing the Data Capture for DHIS 2 app against the Sierra Leone in a test box and I think I’ve discovered something weird:

If the user does not have all the appropriate security roles it will function like the user has the ability to enter events, but the upload button will not give any indication that it failed to upload the event (other than the message that it did complete fails to show up in the notification bar).

So I’ve been trying to configure the ‘mobile user’ to be able to use this app and I think I might be missing some Authorities.

Default Set for Mobile User in SL Demo:

• Add/Update Data Value
  • Delete Data Value
  • See Dashboard integration module
  • See Data Entry module
  • See Light module
  • See Report module
  • See Smartphone module
  • See Validation Rule module
    I went ahead and added the following:
  • Import events
  • See Event Capture module
  • Single Event With Registration Data Entry
  • Single Event Without Registration Data Entry
    But that doesn’t seem to be doing the trick yet. Coincidentally, with the following permissions I can enter events with the web client, and it will appear as if they’ve been added, BUT they appear only to be saved in client side cache (as they never appear in the database). As soon as I log out they never appear again to the web client.
···

Timothy Harding

RPCV Vanuatu

+1 (541) 632-6623

Hi Timothy,

Yes, you are correct the event capture app gives no indication. This is now fixed in trunk (or the upcoming 2.19 release).

You can address the issue with 2.18 by selecting the proper authorities, which are listed below.

Add/Update Tracked Entity Data Value

Delete Tracked Entity Data Value

Assigning authority “ALL” also works fine, but then you might not want to give that authority to “ordinary” user.

···

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Timothy Harding hardingt@gmail.com wrote:

Hello DHIS Dev List,

So does anyone know what are the minimum authorities for a user to enter events using either the android app or web client?

I’ve been testing the Data Capture for DHIS 2 app against the Sierra Leone in a test box and I think I’ve discovered something weird:

If the user does not have all the appropriate security roles it will function like the user has the ability to enter events, but the upload button will not give any indication that it failed to upload the event (other than the message that it did complete fails to show up in the notification bar).

So I’ve been trying to configure the ‘mobile user’ to be able to use this app and I think I might be missing some Authorities.

• Add/Update Data Value
  • Delete Data Value
  • See Data Entry module
  • See Light module
  • See Report module
  • See Smartphone module
  • Import events
    But that doesn’t seem to be doing the trick yet. Coincidentally, with the following permissions I can enter events with the web client, and it will appear as if they’ve been added, BUT they appear only to be saved in client side cache (as they never appear in the database). As soon as I log out they never appear again to the web client.

Timothy Harding

RPCV Vanuatu

+1 (541) 632-6623

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Thank you,

Abyot.

Hey there Abyot,

Thanks for the response :)!

I haven’t tested this with the web client yet, but using the Android DHIS2 data Capture program, adding those two additional roles have allowed it to upload data :)!

It might be good to have something in the user roles section that asks the administrator: What would you like to do? and one of the response could be ‘Enter Data from Third Party Program’ among all the other possibilities. That way the admin could answer these questions for a new role with a click and it would auto populate the minimum needed authorities (as I think we are up to 205 different authorities now).

···

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 4:38 AM, Abyot Gizaw abyota@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Timothy,

Yes, you are correct the event capture app gives no indication. This is now fixed in trunk (or the upcoming 2.19 release).

You can address the issue with 2.18 by selecting the proper authorities, which are listed below.

Add/Update Tracked Entity Data Value

Delete Tracked Entity Data Value

Assigning authority “ALL” also works fine, but then you might not want to give that authority to “ordinary” user.

Timothy Harding

RPCV Vanuatu

+1 (541) 632-6623

Thank you,

Abyot.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Timothy Harding hardingt@gmail.com wrote:

Hello DHIS Dev List,

• Add/Update Data Value
  • Delete Data Value
  • See Data Entry module
  • See Light module
  • See Report module
  • See Smartphone module
  • Import events

Timothy Harding

RPCV Vanuatu

+1 (541) 632-6623

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp