Android App 2.0.0 Release is available for Beta testing!

Thank you Pablo for quick response.

The server using https
Here is the link https://www.spottb.org/

On same device (Tablet) i can reach the server through the web browser but somehow in the APP it acts up.
Do you think change of my credentials could help?

2 Likes

Are you using this as the url in the app? https://www.spottb.org (I removed the last /). If so and you canā€™t login, maybe the path is incomplete.

3 Likes

As mentioned above, I believe it is due to the relaxedQueryChars setting in server.xml or NGINX config. It may seem like you cannot communicate with the server because certain versions of NGINX donā€™t allow the brackets in the API queries and must be specified using relaxedQueryChars.

2 Likes

Hello Pablo,

It actually worked when I did http://.
Why wonder why it could refuse yet i assigned the domain https:// valid certificate from SECTIGO (former COMODO) SSL Certificate.

Thank you

2 Likes

Evening
Ladies and Gentlemen, its really so amazing to be part of DHIS2
community.

I
am by the name James Wani, I work with the ministry of health
Republic of South Sudan, we implement the DHIS2 one year ago, and now
we are running on DHIS2 version 2.30
and
one of the problems
that we are facing in the country is that some parts of the country
is out of network due to insecurity as result for the civil war which
start on December
2013 up to now, and because of this reasons some facilities are not
able to report on monthly and weekly basis, therefore as
result of that we introducer
the Android
DHIS2 app for the locations where there is no network so that they
can use it off
line,
and these phone will be collected on monthly basis to where there is
network so that data can be uploaded to the system, after six months
I realize that we are collecting more than sixty phones form
different health faculty, therefore I am asking if there is any
possibility
whereby to send all the data from these phone to one phone and then
send it to where there is network if its possible. Show me the
procedures on how to send data from one phone to another, and I will
be very glad-full

to you guys.

Best
regards

5 Likes

Dear @Waheed,

welcome to the community! Sending data from device to device is available throug QR codes, you can share events and tracked entity instances, but is not available for data sets. Which kind of data are you reporting? are they aggregated data sets? And, which app are you using for this? Is it the new DHIS 2 Android Capture App or the old Data Capture?

The new version of the DHIS 2 Android App includes the possibility to send data through SMS when there is no internet connection, in case there is network. Would that be an option for you?

Please let us know more details of you implementations and we will try to provide more support to our use case.

Best regards,
Marta

3 Likes

BEYOND AMAZING to have aggregate datasets and tracker/event capture in one app!

6 Likes

Thanks a lot Madam.
Marta Vila you make it clear to me, I am using the old DHIS 2 Android
Capture App, but I will download the new version and try to move
around it.

Best regards.

2 Likes

Thank you @Waheed ,

please let us know if you find errors or need support in testing.

Best,
Marta

2 Likes

Dear Marta,
About the other app ( Data Capture for DHIS 2 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dhis2.mobile) do you plan to update it to be compatible with DHIS2 2.33 ?
Thanks

Fabien

3 Likes

Dear Fabien,

thank you for your message. We do not plan to update the old app to 2.33 hoping that projects upgrade to the new one. As it is more and more difficult to maintain it as DHIS2 evolves with every release.

Would that be an option for you?

Regards,
Marta

2 Likes

Hi,

The App has sooved some of the issues that I had with the previous app.

3 Likes

Dear Marta,
ok i understand, but it looks the old app is not even compatible with the version 2.32.4 isnā€™t it ?

Also, i should miss something but iā€™m unable to access the Datasets form.
Iā€™ve got the new version of the app (1.3.2) and iā€™m connected to DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone with user admin and impossible to access the datasets.

Thanks for your help

2 Likes

ok, sorry, i understand.
i try to use the android app 1.3.2 and in this post you talk about the android v2.0.0
forget my previous post.
So my question is, have you got news from google about the SMS function ? it will be publish soon on google play ?
Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Hi Fabien,

we are going through that process and we cannot estimate how long it would take as is external to us. In the meantime you can download 2.0.0 from Github, would that be an option for you?

It is available here: Releases Ā· dhis2/dhis2-android-capture-app Ā· GitHub

Regards,
Marta

2 Likes

Hi, any timeline on having a dashboard view app? Will it be separate or integrated with the main android app? Thanks for all your work!

2 Likes

Colleagues in the field are reporting that with 2.0.0, quarterly (aggregate) datasets are showing up as every 2 months. I havenā€™t been able to replicate that, but have others had that issue?

2 Likes

Dear @marta, I have downloaded the app from Github and installed on my device.

We are currently having challenges with logging in as we get this error ā€œAPI CALL THREW SSLExceptionā€

I am guessing this means that there is some issue with our SSL certificate and we are trying to figure that out.

Please could you kindly provide any guidance as to what we need to be looking for/checking?

Thank you.

Regards,
Ifeanyi

@dhis2-android

1 Like

Hi Marta, yes, i did that, i downloaded from Github and install it on our devices.
It would be ok for now.

Next, I tested it and iā€™ve got some questions. It looks that the ā€œprogram rules actionsā€ does not work in the app, is it normal ?
For example, in one of my program iā€™ve got stages with few data element. One of this element should populated by a program rules (concretely, iā€™ve got 3 fields, the first one is date of birth, second one is measurement date, and third one is age in month, the third one should be calculated automaticaly by the 2 first ones, the condition ).
Itā€™s working perfectly on a browser, but there is no calculation in the android app, is it normal ?

Thanks for your help
Regards

Fabien

Edit: i checked on Home - DHIS2 Documentation it looks it should work but in fact not.
Also, i saw you already setup the zScoreWFA function, do you know when the 2 others ones will be setup in the android app ? the zScoreHFA and zScoreWFH ?
Thanks

Edit 2: An other point, on the form (see your screenshot here https://dhis2-a3b1.kxcdn.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/6/3/63c9ac63f93bb824208bac7ad1af651bf1edc7b1_2_524x1000.jpeg) the name of the field is vers small, is there any solution to enlarge it ? Also, the ā€œiā€ to get the information is too small too, i donā€™t have big fingers but i need few times to be able to access the help. is it possible to open the information about the field with touching the full grey cell instead of just the ā€œiā€ ?
Thanks 2

1 Like

@fabien79

Firstly (and Iā€™m beating Marta to say this), please write up any suggested improvements as a JIRA issue :slight_smile:

Secondly, we have also picked up some ASSIGN program rule bugs, and the android dev team are looking into them (see JIRA ANDROAPP-2734/35). You could add the description of your program rule issue as a comment - it is easier for the developer to look into several related/similar issues at the same time (and the root cause(s) might actually be the same).

Best regards
Calle

3 Likes