Analytics Failure

Hi Team

Have been experiencing some failures during the analytics process. The analytics logs indicates failure in creating index. What could be causing this failure

System notification 2016-08-05
Analytics table process failed, please check the logs. Time: 2016-08-05T01:18:17.781+03:00. Application title: Kenya Health Information System Message: Exception during execution Cause: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: StatementCallback; SQL [create index “in_financialjuly_ax_2011_ OPYkx” on analytics_temp_2011 (“financialjuly”)]; An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
at org.hisp.dhis.commons.util.ConcurrentUtils.waitForCompletion(ConcurrentUtils.java:53)
at org.hisp.dhis.analytics.table.DefaultAnalyticsTableService.createIndexes(DefaultAnalyticsTableService.java:291)
at org.hisp.dhis.analytics.table.DefaultAnalyticsTableService.update(DefaultAnalyticsTableService.java:138)
at org.hisp.dhis.analytics.table.scheduling.AnalyticsTableTask.run(AnalyticsTableTask.java:142)
at org.hisp.dhis.scheduling.ScheduledTasks.run(ScheduledTasks.java:60)
at org.springframework.scheduling.support.DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.run(DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.java:54)
at org.springframework.scheduling.concurrent.ReschedulingRunnable.run(ReschedulingRunnable.java:81)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: StatementCallback; SQL [create index “in_financialjuly_ax_2011_ OPYkx” on analytics_temp_2011 (“financialjuly”)]; An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:105)
at org.springframework.jdbc.s

Hard to know without having more info, but did you check your disk space? I/O error could mean that there is no available space on the drive

···

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Gichangi John gichangijohn3@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Team

Have been experiencing some failures during the analytics process. The analytics logs indicates failure in creating index. What could be causing this failure

Analytics table process failed, please check the logs. Time: 2016-08-05T01:18:17.781+03:00. Application title: Kenya Health Information System Message: Exception during execution Cause: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: StatementCallback; SQL [create index “in_financialjuly_ax_2011_OPYk x” on analytics_temp_2011 (“financialjuly”)]; An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
at org.hisp.dhis.commons.util.ConcurrentUtils.waitForCompletion(ConcurrentUtils.java:53)
at org.hisp.dhis.analytics.table.DefaultAnalyticsTableService.createIndexes(DefaultAnalyticsTableService.java:291)
at org.hisp.dhis.analytics.table.DefaultAnalyticsTableService.update(DefaultAnalyticsTableService.java:138)
at org.hisp.dhis.analytics.table.scheduling.AnalyticsTableTask.run(AnalyticsTableTask.java:142)
at org.springframework.scheduling.support.DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.run(DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.java:54)
at org.springframework.scheduling.concurrent.ReschedulingRunnable.run(ReschedulingRunnable.java:81)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
Caused by: org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: StatementCallback; SQL [create index “in_financialjuly_ax_2011_OPYk x” on analytics_temp_2011 (“financialjuly”)]; An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:105)

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Morten Olav Hansen

Senior Engineer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

http://www.dhis2.org

The server has over 150GB space free. Could it be cause by premature termination of the database dumping process when creating indexes

···

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Morten Olav Hansen morten@dhis2.org wrote:

Hard to know without having more info, but did you check your disk space? I/O error could mean that there is no available space on the drive

Morten Olav Hansen

Senior Engineer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

http://www.dhis2.org

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Gichangi John gichangijohn3@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Team

Analytics table process failed, please check the logs. Time: 2016-08-05T01:18:17.781+03:00. Application title: Kenya Health Information System Message: Exception during execution Cause: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: StatementCallback; SQL [create index “in_financialjuly_ax_2011_OPYk x” on analytics_temp_2011 (“financialjuly”)]; An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
Caused by: org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: StatementCallback; SQL [create index “in_financialjuly_ax_2011_OPYk x” on analytics_temp_2011 (“financialjuly”)]; An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp