Allowing special charecters inside description field

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to allow special charecter (like double quote (“) ) inside description filed? I can write and save special charecter in description field, it saves well into dhis2 database but when it shows to UI, texts after special charecter did not appear.

Problem Description:
I used data entry app to see description of a data element where inside description field of that data element there was a special charecter (like double quote (“) )
Total Description Text:
Number of MAM patients enrolled in the Ambulatory Therapeutic Feeding Center (ATFC) at the beginning of the week (patients enrolled at the beginning of previous week plus newcomers of previous week and minus exits of previous week). Please note that only “New admissions MUAC MAM” and “New admissions WHZ / BMI MAM” should be counted

What it shows on UI:

1 Like

Though, I have found single quote works, so putting single quote is I guess good alternative solution for this case.

1 Like

Hi @sohel,

Since the Data Entry app uses HTML, I tried to use the HTML ascii code for the double quotes. Opening: “
Closing: ”

So the following description will be:

Number of MAM patients enrolled in the Ambulatory Therapeutic Feeding Center (ATFC) at the beginning of the week (patients enrolled at the beginning of previous week plus newcomers of previous week and minus exits of previous week). Please note that only &ldquo;New admissions MUAC MAM&rdquo; and <b> &ldquo;New admissions WHZ / BMI MAM&rdquo;</b> should be counted

Thanks! :+1:

1 Like