A problem occurred while retrieving available permissions

Experts,

I encountered a problem when I want to create a user role, the Dhis2 system does not give me access to the available authorities and shows me this error message “A problem occurred while retrieving available permissions”
Note that I am the system administrator and I have a Dhis2 2.37 version.
Thank you

I actually had the same problem in one of my instances. I’m following the thread for any solutions for troubleshooting.

However, for one of the instances that we had experienced this, it was when we were implementing the 2.37.4 version and some versions have this issue so what I can recommend you try first is ensuring you have the latest version of 2.37 which is 2.37.8

2 Likes

Hi there,

Solution is just update your version.
Regards, Ulanbek

2 Likes

Hi, @Ulanbek @lillian1n2
Thank you for your support
You are right, I have Dhis2 2.37.7. If I want to upgrade to Dhis2 2.38, can you guide me how to do that.

Thanks

1 Like

@elmoujarrade, this is really simple, just download new version of DHIS2 and place in Tomcat folder. But before to upgrade keep in mind that once upgrade done it is not possible to downgrade then. And in case you change your Admin/Superuser password in new version, in case of restore old DB you will need to remember old password as well… This is very important for you.
Should you have any further questions feel free to ask here.
Regards, Ulanbek

2 Likes

Thanks @Ulanbek!

@elmoujarrade, in addition to what @Ulanbek said, I recommend you also review this short guide for upgrading: Upgrading - DHIS2 Documentation

1 Like

@Ulanbek @Gassim
I’m going to do this for the first time, and I want to be assisted by an expert so as not to make a fatal mistake.
I will update from Dhis2 2.37.7 to Dhis2 2.37.8
I first want to Make a copy of my database, I would like to know how to do it.
Thanks

1 Like

@elmoujarrade,
If you upgrading within same version, there are should not be any problems.
Follow this instructions https://simplebackups.com/blog/postgresql-pgdump-and-pgrestore-guide-examples/#:~:text=The%20pg_dump%20command%20extracts%20a,the%20database%20while%20using%20pg_dump%20. if you are using Postgresql

Regards, Ulanbek

3 Likes

Good luck @elmoujarrade!

I have wanted to watch the Server Administration 2021 workshop but have been a bit busy (maybe soon.) I think it will help me understand these steps better, and maybe you will find it useful as well. Feel free to race me to it if you haven’t watched it yet (DHIS2 Server Admin Workshop 2021 - YouTube)

1 Like

@Ulanbek @Gassim
My Dhis2 instance is installed with a Windows operating system, and therefore the guide you shared with me does not fix the problem.
Thanks

Yeah, that’s one issue, sorry! The best thing is to try everything in a test environment first so you’re not worried about anything.

1 Like