404 Error on web brower

I am restoring a database with a 2.31.9 war. But I am faced with this error in the Catalina log and the browser is showing 404. Please I need an urgent help.

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘encryptionPassword’ defined in URL [jar:file:/var/lib/tomcat9/webapps/hmis/WEB-INF/lib/dhis-support-hibernate-2.31.9.jar!/META-INF/dhis/beans.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘hibernateConfigurationProvider’ while setting bean property ‘hibernateConfigurationProvider’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘hibernateConfigurationProvider’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException

1 Like

I wasn’t able to find a similar issue to yours. Have you been able to solve this issue @Gerald_Thomas?

Thanks!

Dear Al-Gassim,
The issue was with the new dhis2-ng-tool that was uploaded to GitHub. I already used the old one and it is working now. Thanks once again to remind me to update this ticket.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing the solution and the update! Sorry I couldn’t help with this one. :slight_smile: :pray:

To be more precise, the issue is with the java version. All recent versions of dhis2 are recommended to use java 11. This old version required java 8.

If you look carefully at dhis2-tools-ng/setup/service/dhis2-create-instance at master · bobjolliffe/dhis2-tools-ng · GitHub you will see there is an option to use java 8 which would probably have worked here

1 Like