24 Sept - 16:00 - Server Tools Q&A

In this discussion thread, feel free to ask questions related to the Server Tools session of the 2020 DHIS2 Digital Annual Conference. You can post your questions ahead of, during, or after the session. The panellists will check this thread for questions, and select some for responding to in the session, or follow up after the session has ended. Feel free to respond to other questions or add to them if you have something to follow up with.

1 Like

Hi all!

Thanks for your efforts and time in this session.

We’re are doing a DHIS2 2.34 server installation. We are checking since 2.32 implementer documentation that postgresSQL installation steps were used anymore. Why? Indeed, we need to do a postgres and POSGIS installation and required local running.

Thanks in advance!

Also, we want to know where can we get the updated repositories to install the tools, because in the documentation the repositories are not working anymore. Thanks!

How we can tweak the windows server to have a similar performance as Linux for DHIS2?

Does install_scripts copy the files to destination, or symlink to the git repository? and is it recommended that from time to time you git pull and re-run the install_scripts script to make sure that they are at the latest version (in case of bugfixes etc)

We use your server script on trainer server which are basically run locally without internet but user connect to local router. will you create some config during container setup to disable letsencrypt or is their other way to get your config work locally.

Hello, Thanks for the presentation.

How backups works with this architecture?

Hi all,
Thank you for the great presentation this was really very helpful for me. Can you please share the presentation, please?

The question that I have is related to the apache2 why are guys moving for ngnix ?

All apologies for typos! My question is about database installation steps on implementer documentation.

@bobj the video of youtube is corrupted; please can you check it out or upload it again please

Postgres performance tweaking is our major concern and i will appreciate feedback for a permanent fix.