24 Sept - 14:00 - Beyond the Map - advanced GIS techniques Q&A

In this discussion thread, feel free to ask questions related to the Beyond the Map - advanced GIS techniques session of the 2020 DHIS2 Digital Annual Conference. You can post your questions ahead of, during, or after the session. The panellists will check this thread for questions, and select some for responding to in the session, or follow up after the session has ended. Feel free to respond to other questions or add to them if you have something to follow up with.

The recording of this session is available on our YouTube channel.

2 Likes

Hello. One question regarding the Event Layer in the Maps app: As Bjørn sad, there are many cases where staff sends events to coordinate 0.000 and 0.000. Is there a way to edit this in bulk or the only way to fix that is to go in Capture (or Tracker app), find and edit each event, individually?

Something that can help staff correct these errors faster (if they are a lot), is to get an export file from the Maps app containing only the outliers. It can be a new “select feature” option, where you select all the points and export all data asocited with them in a spreadsheet (or json).

Hi @Kristiyan_Panayotov - you can in fact export events as .json from the Maps app - select the menu for the Events layer and select “Download Data”. This is in GeoJSON format. You can also export events from the Import/Export app in multiple formats.

Currently there isn’t a bulk edit option in the UI, though you could import the events with the Import/Export app after editing the file locally.

Having an “invalid geometry” search function and bulk edit would be a great feature request or a use-case for a custom DHIS2 app, but it’s currently not supported out-of-the-box.

Thank you for your reply @Austin. Sounds good.

Congratulations for the great presentation. It was very useful and keep up the great work!

1 Like

Hi all,

I have this problem with the MAPS application on my dhis2 instance. It happens when trying to load the thematic layer and the period is a range for 2 years and the data item is one. The organization units are only 38 org units.
When I try to load the same data through the data visualizer it displays the data instantly.
Am using ;
dhis2 Version 2.32.6-SNAPSHOT
CPU cores 8
RAM 16GB

Kindly assist where necessary.