23 Sept - 15:00 - HIV Tracker: WHO package update and lessons from the field Q&A

In this discussion thread, feel free to ask questions related to the HIV Tracker: WHO package update and lessons from the field session of the 2020 DHIS2 Digital Annual Conference. You can post your questions ahead of, during, or after the session. The panellists will check this thread for questions, and select some for responding to in the session, or follow up after the session has ended. Feel free to respond to other questions or add to them if you have something to follow up with.

2 Likes

Hello!

I have been working on the new WHO HIV Case Surveillance package for the last few months and I am very excited to see it published.

Looking forward to any questions during the session or afterwards.

Hi @Enzo

how did you manage the lost to follow up and transfers ( OUT and IN )?

What happens if viral load results aren’t ready by the time the patient visits the facility for drug pick up?
(WHO Tracker Configuration)

HI Enzo
Where can we find the package?

Hello!

For Lost to follow up, once can select it during the visit (just like a person can be “on treatment” a person can be marked as “Lost to follow up”). We have the last day with medicine, so we also provide a counter with the days since last time they had medicine and a reminder that they have not had a refill for XX days.

Transfers would depend on the system configuration, but tracker has an embedded referral function (for a single time event) or move permanently

Hello Hamilton and welcome to the Community of Practice!

Unfortunately it is not yet published, but I hope to have a stable demo with Dummy data very soon! I will update this post when we do.

Hi!

I am honestly not sure about this or how that would affect the workflow, but as soon as one has been on treatment has been happening for 6 months or more, the fields are available, so one could probably complete it in a subsequent visit.

Do you think this could cause any significant issues?

If I remember correctly, one of the indicators is built around timely first Viral load test so I will have to look into it

I guess it is one way of doing it. From my experience viral load specific data is collected in a separate stage. This allows for it to be managed on it’s own. Aside from check ups at drug picks, viral load may be collected for other reason (Baseline for HIV Recency) as well as Targeted, in a case that it is >1000 copies and will be put on enhanced adherence counselling

Thank you

So tying it down to routine treatment doesn’t always work

Thank you, that is great feedback! I will follow it up with our WHO contact.

1 Like

Hello Enzo.

I came across the discussion about HIV Tracker and I am wondering if you have published or at least finalized the WHO HIV Case Surveillance package yet. I am interested to use the package for our upcoming HIV project in Afghanistan. I will be reaching out to you and others for support once our project is approved.

Thanks,