22 Sept - 16:00 - Maps - Expert Lounge Q&A

In this discussion thread, feel free to ask questions related to the Maps - Expert Lounge session of the 2020 DHIS2 Digital Annual Conference. You can post your questions ahead of, during, or after the session. The panellists will check this thread for questions, and select some for responding to in the session, or follow up after the session has ended. Feel free to respond to other questions or add to them if you have something to follow up with.

1 Like

Hello,

My goal is to create a simple map using a shapefile in QGIS, and upload it to dhis2 as an ‘External map layer.’ I’m having a difficult time understanding how to create a WMS, TMS, or XYZ file to be able to upload it to dhis. Are these still the only file types used? And is there any documentation to help with this process?

Thanks!

We´d like to use the TE coordinates to create analytics maps, using also data from events. How we can achieve this if we are not collecting coordinates in the program stages nor the enrollment. use case: we got a database with the household enumeration that already has the household coordinates, we need to use that coordinates in the analytics maps, is it possible?

I have coordinate type data elements mapping across a country. Is there a way to label these points in the maps app?

Is there any plan to give event maps a timeline or split view period feature?

Good day @Scott and @Bjorn_Sandvik - Thanks for great maps experts session - I posted this query on the webinar chat but it was not seen. Similar to coordinate-related questions from @waviles and @lnfregos, I need some basic pointers on whether it is possible to plot/display routing coordinates in the mapping app. Is auto-routing supported in any way? Thanks. Mweene