2.25 HighCharts Plugins

Hi Jan

Hope you are doing well.

Going through one of the emails in the mailing list I noticed that the highcarts based plugins for visualization objects are now available.

I have two questions here:

• The level of maturity of these plugins as compared to the ExtJs ones.

• The level of documentation of these plugins. (For ExtJs ones we had to investigate a lot because of lack of documentation).

It would be good to know your thoughts about this. As of now we are leveraging the ExtJs based plugins to render the visualization objects.

···

With Regards

Vanya
ThoughtWorks Technologies

Hyderabad

–Stay Hungry Stay Foolish!!

I hope that the new highchart based plugins are available for all 4 types of objects (Charts, Pivot Tables, Event Reports and Event Charts ) ?

Regards

Vanya

···

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 4:22 PM, Jan Henrik Øverland jan@dhis2.org wrote:

Hi Vanya,

I recommend the new chart plugin based on Highcharts over the old one. Due to both looks and performance.

Will try to write up the documentation as soon as possible, but apart from the instructions you read in the other email it works the same way.

Jan

On 10 November 2016 at 06:28, Vanya Seth vanyas@thoughtworks.com wrote:

Hi Jan

Hope you are doing well.

Going through one of the emails in the mailing list I noticed that the highcarts based plugins for visualization objects are now available.

• The level of documentation of these plugins. (For ExtJs ones we had to investigate a lot because of lack of documentation).

With Regards

Vanya

Hyderabad

It would be good to know your thoughts about this. As of now we are leveraging the ExtJs based plugins to render the visualization objects.

Jan Henrik Øverland

Software developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

http://www.dhis2.org

With Regards

Hyderabad

Oops sorry!! Yeah you are right :slight_smile:

perfect thanks :slight_smile:

Regards

Vanya

···

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Jan Henrik Øverland jan@dhis2.org wrote:

Well, there is no need to use highcharts for pivot tables :slight_smile:

But the current status for the plugins is that

• pivot tables and charts (aggregate) have been improved in 2.25
  • event reports and event charts are currently receiving the same refactor and will be ready for 2.26

On 10 November 2016 at 12:01, Vanya Seth vanyas@thoughtworks.com wrote:

I hope that the new highchart based plugins are available for all 4 types of objects (Charts, Pivot Tables, Event Reports and Event Charts ) ?

Regards

Vanya

Jan Henrik Øverland

University of Oslo

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 4:22 PM, Jan Henrik Øverland jan@dhis2.org wrote:

Hi Vanya,

I recommend the new chart plugin based on Highcharts over the old one. Due to both looks and performance.

Will try to write up the documentation as soon as possible, but apart from the instructions you read in the other email it works the same way.

Jan

With Regards

Hyderabad

On 10 November 2016 at 06:28, Vanya Seth vanyas@thoughtworks.com wrote:

Hi Jan

Hope you are doing well.

With Regards

Vanya

Hyderabad

Jan Henrik Øverland

University of Oslo

With Regards

Hyderabad