2.22 tracker capture show error/warning not working?

Hi, I'm trying to set up a program rule to an show error message in tracker capture. The rule evaluation seems to work (I see the rule in the web console with ”evaluated as true”), but there is not message/warning.

I also have the exact same rule in an anonymous program, and in event capture it works.

Any advise?

Olav

Hi there Olav,
if you look at the actions in the rule, which field is the warning connected to? If the warning is connected to a field that is not part of the program stage you are in, you will currently not see the error.

Markus

···

14. apr. 2016 kl. 14.14 skrev Olav Poppe <olav.poppe@me.com>:

Hi, I'm trying to set up a program rule to an show error message in tracker capture. The rule evaluation seems to work (I see the rule in the web console with ”evaluated as true”), but there is not message/warning.

I also have the exact same rule in an anonymous program, and in event capture it works.

Any advise?

Olav
More help : ListHelp - Launchpad Help

Hi,
was the commit I just saw a fix to related to this? If yes, is it possible to get it in 2.22 as well?

To summarise, I get "show error" to work in EC but not "show warning", and neither works in TC. And (as I saw in the commit), neither program has any indicators displayed in data entry.

Olav

···

14. apr. 2016 kl. 22.56 skrev Markus Bekken <markus.bekken@gmail.com>:

Hi there Olav,
if you look at the actions in the rule, which field is the warning connected to? If the warning is connected to a field that is not part of the program stage you are in, you will currently not see the error.

Markus

Any advise?

Olav

Thanks Olav - You're absolutely right. Tested now, and we have the same bug in older versions.

A workaround is adding a dummy program indicator that is set to "Display in form", but new builds are triggering for 2.22 and 2.21 now!

Markus

···

15. apr. 2016 kl. 10.33 skrev Olav Poppe <olav.poppe@me.com>:

Hi,
was the commit I just saw a fix to related to this? If yes, is it possible to get it in 2.22 as well?

To summarise, I get "show error" to work in EC but not "show warning", and neither works in TC. And (as I saw in the commit), neither program has any indicators displayed in data entry.

Olav

14. apr. 2016 kl. 22.56 skrev Markus Bekken <markus.bekken@gmail.com>:

Hi there Olav,

Markus

Any advise?

Olav