2.22 Event Capture issues

Hi devs, after working quite intensively with 2.22 EC the last few days, I have gather a list of issues (bugs?) and suggestions:

Loading of EC app

We have program with a large optionset, and that seems to create problems for the loading of event capture. I see the below error in the console, the list of events fail to load, and dropdowns in the form are empty. One theory is that it tries to initiate things before optionsets have been downloaded. After refreshing/reloading the page a second time things are okay until the cache is cleared again. I can give access to a server with this program if someone wants to debug.

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘options’ of undefined
at Object.formatDataValue (dhis2.angular.services.js:293)
at controllers.js:342
at Object.r [as forEach] (angular.js:7)
at controllers.js:335
at controllers.js:329
at angular.js:112
at n.$eval (angular.js:126)
at n.$digest (angular.js:123)
at n.$apply (angular.js:126)(anonymous function) @ angular.js:102(anonymous function) @ angular.js:76(anonymous function) @ angular.js:112n.$eval @ angular.js:126n.$digest @ angular.js:123n.$apply @ angular.js:126l @ angular.js:81M @ angular.js:85F.onload @ angular.js:86

Paging and list of events.

• The “No of rows per page:” is always empty. Reproduced on /demo.

• If you select an orgunit without any programs, then one with programs, the page size i 1 (i.e. 7 events = 7 pages of 1 event). Reproduced on /demo.

• Searching and sorting the list of events (using the looking-glass symbol) only searches/sorts the current page, which I think is misleading and more or less defeats the purpose of the search (more useful to search for things that are NOT in the list than the ones that are displayed…). To make it “work” as it is now, you first need to set page size > number of events, which is not very practical. Reproduced on /demo.

• In the list with “Show/hide columns”, the option to show the UID of the event is “Form id”, which seems strange. Reproduced on /demo.

Indicators.

• the “number of decimals” option is not respected in the indicator box in EC. Reproduced on /demo.

• the indicator box takes up a lot of space (33% of the width?), which can be a lot when you have a custom form. It also takes takes up spaces even though it is empty, i.e. there are no indicators. The fact that it is “a box in a box” also makes it perhaps wider than necessary.

Program rules.

• the pop-up when a value is cleared because of a program rule has some issues (the text that appears). It uses “formName” without falling back to name, so unless you use form name it will read “UndefinedWas cleared…” (notice also missing space and capital W). Found in EC/scripts/controllers.js, with a “TODO” comment…

Data entry form.

• dropdowns seems to now be “hardcoded” to 80% or 85% width, which might be good for the default forms, but complicates things with custom forms. What would be nice is if we could 1) set the width of the of custom forms easily if the default is not appropriate, and 2) that the audit icon was then “integrated” into that width. If I make the dropdown 100% as it is now, the audit symbol will end up on a new line.

I’ve also had some issues where I’m told I have data offline even though I’m pretty sure I’ve not been offline, and if I try to upload it just hangs while displaying the “your data is being uploaded” message, but I need to investigate that a bit more before I can confirm that it’s a bug.

Thanks

Olav

Hi, wanted to “bump” this message from a couple of months back, as I think most of these things are still applicable.

One is a very obvious bug:

• the pop-up when a value is cleared because of a program rule has some issues (the text that appears). It uses “formName” without falling back to name, so unless you use form name it will read “UndefinedWas cleared…” (notice also missing space and capital W). Found in EC/scripts/controllers.js, with a “TODO” comment…

Regards

Olav

···
  1. jan. 2016 kl. 13.54 skrev Olav Poppe olav.poppe@me.com:

Hi devs, after working quite intensively with 2.22 EC the last few days, I have gather a list of issues (bugs?) and suggestions:

Loading of EC app

We have program with a large optionset, and that seems to create problems for the loading of event capture. I see the below error in the console, the list of events fail to load, and dropdowns in the form are empty. One theory is that it tries to initiate things before optionsets have been downloaded. After refreshing/reloading the page a second time things are okay until the cache is cleared again. I can give access to a server with this program if someone wants to debug.

at n.$apply (angular.js:126)(anonymous function) @ angular.js:102(anonymous function) @ angular.js:76(anonymous function) @ angular.js:112n.$eval @ angular.js:126n.$digest @ angular.js:123n.$apply @ angular.js:126l @ angular.js:81M @ angular.js:85F.onload @ angular.js:86

• If you select an orgunit without any programs, then one with programs, the page size i 1 (i.e. 7 events = 7 pages of 1 event). Reproduced on /demo.
  • Searching and sorting the list of events (using the looking-glass symbol) only searches/sorts the current page, which I think is misleading and more or less defeats the purpose of the search (more useful to search for things that are NOT in the list than the ones that are displayed…). To make it “work” as it is now, you first need to set page size > number of events, which is not very practical. Reproduced on /demo.
  • In the list with “Show/hide columns”, the option to show the UID of the event is “Form id”, which seems strange. Reproduced on /demo.

Indicators.

• the “number of decimals” option is not respected in the indicator box in EC. Reproduced on /demo.
  • the indicator box takes up a lot of space (33% of the width?), which can be a lot when you have a custom form. It also takes takes up spaces even though it is empty, i.e. there are no indicators. The fact that it is “a box in a box” also makes it perhaps wider than necessary.

Program rules.

Data entry form.

• dropdowns seems to now be “hardcoded” to 80% or 85% width, which might be good for the default forms, but complicates things with custom forms. What would be nice is if we could 1) set the width of the of custom forms easily if the default is not appropriate, and 2) that the audit icon was then “integrated” into that width. If I make the dropdown 100% as it is now, the audit symbol will end up on a new line.

I’ve also had some issues where I’m told I have data offline even though I’m pretty sure I’ve not been offline, and if I try to upload it just hangs while displaying the “your data is being uploaded” message, but I need to investigate that a bit more before I can confirm that it’s a bug.

Thanks

Olav

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi Olav,

Thank you for the test and reporting.

···

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Olav Poppe olav.poppe@me.com wrote:

Loading of EC app

Yes this thing shows up sometimes, I am aware of it. We have a better solution implemented in 2.23. I suggest for an upgrade.

This was fixed in rev 22684 (four days ago),

This is in our blueprint and it keeps being pushed. We will prioritize it for 2.24.

Indicators.

Program rules.

Data entry form.

Yes, this happened because of the audit icons. In 2.23 we have removed the audit icons and put back width to 100%.

Thanks

Olav

Abyot A. Gizaw.

Senior Engineer, DHIS2

University of Oslo

http://www.dhis2.org

Thanks for the updates, Abyot.

One additional thing related to the searching of the events: it would be nice if EC supported something similar to how TC lets you use html parameters to open a specific TEI dashboards: /index.html#/dashboard?tei=iJ1K45Fqy1Z&program=yIjemnzObAV

Something along the lines of dhis-web-event-capture/index.html#/dataEntry?event=d1YK45Fqy1Z

I think this could be useful for several purposes, but one example we would like to use this for is to be able to provide a link to the data entry in EC from a HTML standard report. We’ve developed a standard report listing events with data that needs to be verified and/or changed, and it would be nice to have a link there directly to EC. Today we’re just showing the event ID, but it is pretty much impossible to actually find the event considering the way search works in EC today.

Regards

Olav

···

Loading of EC app

Yes this thing shows up sometimes, I am aware of it. We have a better solution implemented in 2.23. I suggest for an upgrade.

This is in our blueprint and it keeps being pushed. We will prioritize it for 2.24.

Indicators.

Program rules.

Data entry form.

Yes, this happened because of the audit icons. In 2.23 we have removed the audit icons and put back width to 100%.

Thanks

Olav

Abyot A. Gizaw.

Senior Engineer, DHIS2

University of Oslo

Hi Olav,

We can do that. Please feel free to create a blueprint.

···

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Olav Poppe olav.poppe@me.com wrote:

One additional thing related to the searching of the events: it would be nice if EC supported something similar to how TC lets you use html parameters to open a specific TEI dashboards: /index.html#/dashboard?tei=iJ1K45Fqy1Z&program=yIjemnzObAV

Something along the lines of dhis-web-event-capture/index.html#/dataEntry?event=d1YK45Fqy1Z

I think this could be useful for several purposes, but one example we would like to use this for is to be able to provide a link to the data entry in EC from a HTML standard report. We’ve developed a standard report listing events with data that needs to be verified and/or changed, and it would be nice to have a link there directly to EC. Today we’re just showing the event ID, but it is pretty much impossible to actually find the event considering the way search works in EC today.

Regards

Olav

1. apr. 2016 kl. 12.46 skrev Abyot Asalefew Gizaw abyot@dhis2.org:

Hi Olav,

Abyot A. Gizaw.

Senior Engineer, DHIS2

University of Oslo

Abyot A. Gizaw.

Senior Engineer, DHIS2

University of Oslo

Loading of EC app

Indicators.

Program rules.

Data entry form.

Thanks

Olav

Great, blueprint here: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/ec-html-parameter

Olav

···

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Olav Poppe olav.poppe@me.com wrote:

Regards

Olav

1. apr. 2016 kl. 12.46 skrev Abyot Asalefew Gizaw abyot@dhis2.org:

Hi Olav,

Abyot A. Gizaw.

Senior Engineer, DHIS2

University of Oslo

Abyot A. Gizaw.

Senior Engineer, DHIS2

University of Oslo

Loading of EC app

Indicators.

Program rules.

Data entry form.

Thanks

Olav