Webinar on Advanced Population Mapping in DHIS2 - March 23

HISP UiO and Gavi invite you to join us for the next webinar in our DHIS2 for Immunization series: Advanced Population Mapping in DHIS2.

The latest release of DHIS2 introduces many new, advanced tools for mapping populations, building structures, and adding facility catchments areas. The use of catchment areas for planning outreach campaigns, mass vaccinations, and many other health programs. UiO and Crosscut will present these innovations and show you how you can begin to use them today.

This webinar took place on Wednesday, 23 March 2022. You can watch a recording of it on the DHIS2 YouTube channel and download the presentations from the DHIS2 team and Crosscut

Note: The originally version of this webinar included a sections on use of service-based denominators. It has since been brought to our attention that WHO does not encourage this approach, and that section of the webinar has been removed from the slides as well as the YouTube video.

This webinar will also be hosted in French on 29 March at 14:00 UTC. Registration for the French webinar is available here.

Please feel free to add any questions or comments for the presenters in this thread!

6 Likes

We will be starting this webinar at 14:00 CET. To watch it here on the Community of Practice, click the “play” button in the banner at the top of this page to start the live stream.

If you have questions or comments for the presenters, you can add them here by clicking “reply.”

2 Likes

For the Offline Mobile Dashboards, when I use the map, can I calculate distances between GPS coordinates (does DHIS2 support distance calculation e.g. via the distance XPath function on Java/J2ME and/or Android phones)?

1 Like

How often do the building footprint and high res population datasets get updated in Google Earth Engine?

1 Like

For the record, here is @scott’s answer to this question from the webinar chat:
Link to google’s building/structures layers. It is being continuously updated. DHIS2 pulls the most updated data every time you make a map.
https://sites.research.google/open-buildings/

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who joined us for this webinar yesterday! In case you missed it or would like to review the material, you can watch a recording of it on the DHIS2 YouTube channel and download the presentations from the DHIS2 team and Crosscut

1 Like

Thanks to all who were able to join the webinar and to Scott and the DHIS2 team for inviting me to join. If you have interest in importing catchment areas to your DHIS2, please reach out to me, coite@crosscut.io .

2 Likes