Sharing of Metadata with External access

Hi all,

We setting up a portal which we want to use “External access without login” in order to pull certain approved data for public use into the portal. However, though we are able to share the dashboard and favourites with “External access without login” we unable to share related metadata like Data Elements, Categories and Indicators cannot be shared with similar access. Does anyone have ideas of what we doing wrong or could this be a bug?

Regards,

Elmarie

1 Like

@Elmarie_Claasen

You need to specify which version you are referring to, and (preferably) if you have tested for the same behaviour using the relevant SL demo instance…

Regards
Calle

1 Like

hi Calle,

The issue exist in our instances on v2.30 and tested on SL version 2.30 and 2.31.

Regards,

Elmarie

1 Like

1 Like

HI all, the above screenshot shows what I am referring to in 2.30 and 2.31 it is possible to share a dashboard and a favorite with External Access without login to view but it is not possible to share related metadata used in the favorite with External access can view as this option is greyed out on the sharing settings of data elements or indicators, for example.

Can anyone confirm if this is a bug then I will report it or is it purposely designed like this and if so how does one then make data available through a webportal without DHIS login?

Regards,

Elmarie

1 Like

Any replies to this issue?

1 Like

@Elmarie_Claasen
I am not sure if this is a bug, it seems like something that has been done intentionally.@Lars can share more.
I would think if you used “External access” then your meta data would have to be public.

Alternatively, you could create an account with minimal user access rights and use its credentials for access. Tanzania has developed and implemented what they are calling an “interactive web portal” (see here) however an account with limited user rights has been used to pull favorites/dashboards onto the portal.
There is a downside, before it was possible to see these credentials (username and password). Now there is a middleware app they are using to hide these credentials
In case you are interested in the “interactive web portal” you can get the code and instructions on how to set it up here.

Let us know if this has been helpful.

Cheers,
Emma

1 Like

Thanks for the info @Emma Kassy
Will have a look at the app. Yes the fact that one has to pass the username and password for a limited access user was our problem.

Regards

Elmarie

Emma Kassy

April 9

@Elmarie_Claasen

I am not sure if this is a bug, it seems like something that has been done intentionally.@Lars can share more.

I would think if you used “External access” then your meta data would have to be public.

Alternatively, you could create an account with minimal user access rights and use its credentials for access. Tanzania has developed and implemented what they are calling an “interactive web portal” (see here) however an account with limited user rights has been used to pull favorites/dashboards onto the portal.

There is a downside, before it was possible to see these credentials (username and password). Now there is a middleware app they are using to hide these credentials

In case you are interested in the “interactive web portal” you can get the code and instructions on how to set it up here.

Let us know if this has been helpful.

Cheers,

Emma

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published
at http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer.
Please read the disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other
action in terms of this electronic transmission. If you cannot access the
disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@hisp.org and a copy will be provided to you. By
replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the
provisions of the disclaimer.

1 Like