September 2021 Live Q&A - DHIS2 for Education

How can a country build sufficient knowledge to manage the system and keep changing it as needs change and ensure long term sustainability?

1 Like

How do you think that the implementation of DHIS2 EMIS at a national level will help students apply for higher education scholarships especially when they want to study abroad? Would you encourage scholarship donors around the world to support EMIS implementations, why? Thank you!

1 Like

How can DHIS2 for EMIS be used utilised by school inspectors and monitors to support school monitoring and to inform evidence based support supervisions for schools ?

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who joined the webinar! You can watch the video here:

2 Likes

Hie ! Sufian Ahmed here from Pakistan.

Need to ask simple question for my understanding.
Why use DHIS2 as Education? What are the benefits of using DHIS2 as EMIS? If we have other EMIS as well.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Sufian_Ahmed,
Welcome to the community! :tada::tada: And thank you for your question. It seems like a general question and I couldn’t say it better than quote the site DHIS2 for Education - DHIS2 :

DHIS2 for Education takes advantage of decades of DHIS2 experience with national-level HMIS systems, offering a stable, scalable, and customizable Education Management Information System (EMIS) solution that is backed by international donor organizations as a global public good, supported by the DHIS2 development team and global HISP network, and allows countries to leverage their existing DHIS2 capacity and expertise.

Are you working on implementing an EMIS at the national level in Pakistan? If you are then I’m sure you’ll benefit from the HISP Pakistan on-going efforts in the HMIS implementation. Additionally, I do recommend you check out the page DHIS2 for Education - DHIS2 and if you have any specific question, please feel free to continue the discussion. Tagging @Knut_Staring and @SophiaK for further support! :blush::+1:

Thanks!

1 Like

Dear @Gassim ,
Thank you very much!

Currently I am doing MS thesis on DHIS 2 as EMIS.
If you think any other documents or link will help me in this so please provide.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Good luck with your MS thesis. I’m sure the site DHIS2 for Education - DHIS2 has a comprehensive list of resources and references, but feel free to reach out when you have questions. Thanks! (: