Guideline to install DHIS2 on AWS

Hello,

I was looking for a guideline to install DHIS2 on AWS.

Thanks,
Imran

1 Like

Hi @imran

For installation instructions, kindly check them out on DHIS2 Documentation on the Implementer’s Guide. you can also check out this discussion for an earlier version Installing DHIS-2 on AWS. I have seen @Lars had a similar support case Installing DHIS2 on Amazon Web Services.

Kindly let me know if this information helps.

Best,
James.

2 Likes

Dear James,

Thanks for your suggestions. However, couldn’t find any thing really comprehensive to guide one through for the installation process. Installing DHIS2 on Amazon Web Services refers to a link, which end up to a 404 page.

Thanks,
Imran

1 Like

Dear @imran,

Our team member @Lars who was in the support will get back to you when he sees this with a more comprehensive guide and support.

Best,
James.

1 Like

To set up DHIS 2 on AWS, start by provisioning an EC2 instance with at least 2 GB RAM and at least 2 CPUs. To stay close to the installation guide, Ubuntu can be used as operating system. The EC2 instance represents a virtual machine which conceptually is equal to other VM providers.

From there, please follow the DHIS 2 installation guide which is based on Ubuntu:

Clearly there are other AWS services like S3, Elasticache for Redis, RDS, Elastic load balancing that might be used with DHIS 2 but that is out of scope for our guide.

2 Likes

Thank you @Lars. @imran - I hope you are good now…

Best,
James.

1 Like

Thanks, Dear @jomutsani and @Lars the guideline is helpful. I am still trying to set up as I am not very familiar with Linux. However, the guideline you provided is complete enough.

Imran

Kindly keep us up to date with your progress and update us on your success too… other new users will want to learn from your journey @imran!

Best,
James.

1 Like

Of course, I will keep posting about the progress.

Thanks,
Imran

1 Like

Hi @jomutsani,

I am trying to install DHIS2 on AWS Lightsail - Ubuntu server - RAM 512 MB. Looks like whatever I did so far looks good (Please see the attachment: DHIS Setup.docx (947.0 KB) ). Two issues I am experiencing as the following:

• Getting error: Tomcat started but Status is Dead

• I was unable to ping IP if I do not allow all the ports

Support will be highly appreciated as we are stuck and we are trying to install for our project.

Thanks,
Imran

1 Like

Hi @imran,

Can you check if the Tomcat service is running? and which version of DHIS2 were you installing?

1 Like

Hi @jomutsani,

Thanks so much for the quick response. Truly appreciate, we have installed Tomat; however, apparently, it is not running for some reason. The version of DHIS2 we are trying to install is: 2.32 as per the installation guideline: http://dhis-2.blogspot.com/.

Do we really need 2 CPUs and 2GB RAM?

Thanks again,
Imran

1 Like