External Access for a Dashboard in DHIS2 v.2.29

Dear all,
I try to share a dashboard without login - v.2.29.
I assign the
External access (without login)
to the dashboard, as described in the documentation -

4.11 Sharing a dashboard

I also assign External access to all component (event reports) in the dashboard, but it continue to ask me the username and password.

I also try, as described in the manual to use the link

I also created one for the demo server for the
Delivery Dashboard (assigning to it the External access - Anyone can view without a login)
and try with the link
https://play.dhis2.org/2.31.1/dhis-web-dashboard/#/iMnYyBfSxmM
But it continue to ask me the user/pass.

What i’m missing?
Thanks
Antonia

3 Likes

Hi @antonia,

Hoping you are fine today. A follow up on this - did you manage to get a hack for sharing this with external parties?

1 Like

Experiencing the same issue… @antonia, did you figure out a work around?

2 Likes

Hi all,

I have same issue for external access, any idea?

3 Likes

Hi all,
I have not found a solution or way to solve the problem until now. Please, any of the experts or the development team (@dhis2-apps, @dhis2-analytics, @dhis2-test-qa, @dhis2-backend, @Lars ) could help us, since it is not just my problem, but we are experiencing it in many. Being able to have a pre-selected dashboard on a public site is very important both for individual projects and for the presentation of the DHIS2 platform itself.

I also find (from my personal experience) that on the new platform of the DHIS2 community there are more discussions, but fewer quick and resolutive solutions to concrete questions than the previous one (mailing list [Dhis2-users]). It can also be my bad luck … but maybe the organizers can change the organization a bit.

Please @jomutsani jomutsani and others help us to risolve this problem.
If the “Support” is not the right category, please let me know which is the right one, but in my opinion the problem cannot be left without a solution for months.
If for some reason of the data model this sharing is not possible for the v.2.29, let us know with which next version works with certainty to plan an upgrade.

Thanks,
Antonia

3 Likes

Hi @antonia,
I am reaching out to our DHIS2 team and one of us will get back here as soon as they can. sorry for taking long to resolve this.

Best,
James.

2 Likes

Hi @antonia,

We have now clarified this in the docs under Sharing a dashboard. It’s not to share the dashboard without login but to give access through the API for e.g. web portals.

External access (without login)

This option, when selected, provides access to the dashboard as an external resource through the API. This is useful for when you are creating an external web portal but would like to call information from a dashboard you have made internally within DHIS2. By default, this option is not selected. For more information, see Viewing analytical resource representations in the developer guide.

Hope this helps!
Karoline

1 Like

Hi @Karoline and @jomutsani,
Yes, I need to embed one dashboard in an external portal.
I already used the documentation you mentioned and the “External Access” is already set for the Dashboard I want to visuale.

Moreover, in the documentation Viewing analytical resource representations
there is noting for the Dashboards.

Could you make some example of embedded code (based on the Demo server 2.29, that I can use to test it in an external portal) ?
In the existing documentation (users and developers) I don’t found any functioning example for this case.

Thanks
Antonia

3 Likes

Hi @antonia,

You can find more detailed guidance on plugging in analytics into an external webportal here

I also recommend considering using the interactive webportal application. https://play.dhis2.org/appstore/app/J9yml33NsRL

You can find more relevant threads on troubleshooting some potential issues here:

Please let us know if you have any more issues. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi @Scott,
Thanks so much for the answer. I’ll test the solution you suggested and let you know.

2 Likes