DHIS2 Version 2.36 Installation in DIgital Ocean and locally in UBUNTU 18.04

Hello @phil yes i did that since i ran the tomcat startup command when i am in the dhis user directory

1 Like

@Kibahila what’s the command that you are using?

@Gassim the command is sudo -u dhis tomcat-dhis/bin/startup.sh

1 Like

Please double check that the dhis user has full ownership of all the files / directories under tomcat-dhis by running this:

sudo chown dhis:dhis /home/dhis/tomcat-dhis/bin/startup.sh

Also make sure the dhis user has full access to the directory where your dhis.conf is stored.

A common mistake is to accidentally launch the startup script as root user or use the root user to download the war file to the webapps folder, etc. which may cause ownership to revert to the root user for some files. By running the chown command and thereafter only starting the tomcat server as the dhis user, you can guarantee that won’t happen again.

It would also be useful to post the full contents of the log - you can use pastebin.com and share the URL to the paste here (preferably make it an unlisted paste).

2 Likes

Hello Everyone Thanks for the support and everything i have found that the problem was the configured postgres credentials did not match with the database(postgres) configurations in the setenv.sh file so know the instance is up and running, and if anyone has the same problem he/she can try my solution or other solutions suggested by our support leaders thanks for all your responses be blessed.

3 Likes