DHIS2 Beta Test campaign for release 2.31

Dear DHIS2 community,

UiO will be running a DHIS2 Beta Test campaign for release 2.31 from 12 November to 23 November 2018.

The beta testing campaign is an opportunity for you to preview the very latest features of DHIS2 while helping us to catch existing features that have been broken (regression) and check that new features are fit for purpose. It is a big advantage to fix bugs and issues before release, so we hope for your support in testing the Release Candidate as well as possible.

Participation will be possible by either:

• testing directly on our release candidate demo instance(s)
  • downloading the release candidate war file, or building from the release candidate tag, and running your own instance

Pro Tip!

With 2.31, we have modified our build process to produce fully deterministic builds. This means that if you build the war file yourself, from the release candidate tag, you will get exactly the same war file that we produce (regardless of when you build it).

The 2.31 final release will be available from 30 November (assuming no critical regression issues remain open at that time).

Webinar

Subject to demand, we will kick off the Beta Testing campaign by holding a webinar with a brief demo of new features on 12 November at around 14:00 CET. We welcome attendance from all of the DHIS2 Experts community.

Please let phil@dhis2.org know if you are interested in the demo, and save the date!

Further details will be made available on our website at www.dhis2.org/beta_testing in due course.

Kind regards,

On behalf of the DHIS2 QA Team

5 Likes

Dear DHIS2 Community,

joining instructions for the beta testing KO webinar have now been added to our website at Developer Resources - DHIS2. And here, for completeness:

Topic: DHIS 2 release 2.31 beta testing KO
Time: Nov 12, 2018 14:00-16:00 Oslo (CET)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: Launch Meeting - Zoom

6 Likes

Hi thank you for this inviation will do my best to be part of this webbinar

Le ven. 9 nov. 2018 à 10:21, Philip Larsen Donnelly noreply@community.dhis2.org a écrit :

3 Likes

Please note that the new Data Visualizer app “Data Visualizer (beta)” is not bundled with the release candidate and must be installed from the App Store

2 Likes

Hey @phil,
Can i install this app on other versions such as 2.28, 2.29, 2.30?

3 Likes

I think that question is better answered by @Scott

2 Likes

Hi @KMurumba,
I’m sorry, but the answer is no. You can install it but it will not work, as it is based in the API of the 2.31 release.

But please do check it out on our 2.31 release candidate, and give us some feedback! :wink:

3 Likes

In case you missed it, you can find the recording here: Recording of DHIS2 Release 2.31 Beta Testing KO Demonstration

4 Likes

thx for the recording! very useful and the features of 2.31 are amazing!! well done!
I can see already the update notes, will there be soon release notes too?

Also, when do you expect the release to happen?
Best,

3 Likes

Thanks @SDKAAA!

yes, the release notes are coming very soon… (within the next 24 hours!) :wink:

Kind regards,
Phil

P.S. The release itself is already available! :smiley:
It will be made official when the release notes are communicated.

3 Likes