DHIS 2.39.0 page goes blank after logging in

i upgrade dhis2 from 2.38.1.1 to 2.38.0. after logging in from login page the entire page goes blank.
the console error is pasted below.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: navigator.serviceWorker is undefined
    getClientsInfo offline-interface.js:94
    getClientsInfo offline-interface.js:93

Hi @sthrohit

I believe you already cleared the cache? Please try to login using Guest mode in your browser to be 100% sure it’s not a cache issue.

If it’s not a cache issue, would you please share the Catalina.out log (without sensitive info)?

Thank you!

its not a cache issue. i tried on the guest mode.

i reverted back to my old dhis2 version. so doesn’t have the log for now.

Okay, thanks @sthrohit!

If you upgrade using a test instance and the issue is repeated please share the logs.

Thanks!

dhis-web-dashboard app goes blank

I upgraded from 2.38.1.1 to 2.39. the entire page goes blank after logging in.

here is the error message:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: navigator.serviceWorker is undefined
    getClientsInfo offline-interface.js:94
    getClientsInfo offline-interface.js:93

Hi @sthrohit ,

Could you share a little more information please?

• which app goes blank? (what is the URL)
  • what web browser are you using?

Thanks,
Phil

@phil
dhis-web-dashboard app goes blank. other app works fine.
broswer (chrome latest)

Hey @sthrohit, thanks for bringing this to our attention – I made some jira issues to track a fix, which is in progress:

1 Like

Hey @sthrohit same issue detected and can be fixed if you install Security Certificate HTTPS.

I can’t comment on whether this is a security certificate issue, but when doing a couple of installations od DHIS2 and I had this issue, turned out Tomcat hadn’t been allocated adequate memory

You can check that and ensure it is decent cause for some reason it starts with 128kb which is enough to do the installation and even login but you are kinda stuck from there.

1 Like

I have increase my memory to ‘-Xmx17500m -Xms12000m’ . Can you kindly suggest how much memory one would consider enough? It is a clean instance without my DB

1 Like

According to the documentation, you can allocate as little as 4GB running on an 8GB RAM minimum. This is on the environmental variables.

However, the memory issue I am pointing to is on apache itself. When you run the tomcat administrator window, you can check under the Java tab and ensure the memory allocated is adequate.

2 Likes

Hello @lillian1n2 . Thank you for clarifying this.
How do I get to this memory management on ubuntu?