Change number of decimal places displayed in line lists?

Anyone know how to change the number of decimal places displayed in line lists for data elements of value type = number ? It seems these data values are being rounded up in line lists to 1 decimal place. Is there a setting where this can be changed to 2 or 3 decimal places?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @monika! You are correct, the Line Listing app seems to round the numbers and I’m not able to find an option to choose how many decimal places it should show. I will triage for support and see what response we can get. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response @Gassim, appreciate it!

Hi @monika,

How are you doing?
@monika, this error exists on displaying datasets as well. Here is the link Decimal in indicator output - #8 by Adil and reported as a bug [DHIS2-15129] - Jira

So waiting this error to be fixed.

Regards,
Ulanbek

1 Like

Hi @Ulanbek, nice to see you again in this space :slight_smile:

The issue is slightly different because the functionality to change the number of decimal places on indicators does exist, and if this is not working, then there is a Jira for it. In my use case, the functionality to adjust how raw numerical data in data elements is rounded on the line listing app just doesn’t seem to exist at all i.e. it currently is implicit that all number type DEs will display to 1 decimal place in the line listing app.

But either way, would be great to have more control in how data values are rounded across both line lists and indicator outputs.

1 Like

Yes, @monika you are right. I’ve triaged the issue last week and the team members investigated further and they agreed that it’s a bug issue. I didn’t create a jira issue, but since you reported, would you like to create the jira bug issue here Projects - Jira. otherwise, I will create one tomorrow morning on your behalf so I don’t keep the issue for longer.

Thank you for reporting and for your patience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much for investigating @Gassim! I’m just about to go on leave for a week, so if you get the chance to write the ticket that would be amazing. If you do, please post it here so I can follow the ticket and mark is as the solution for this post. Otherwise, I can do it when I get back next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @monika! Adding you as a bug hunter in July’s copmonthly :slight_smile:

Here’s the jira ticket: [DHIS2-15629] - Jira Please follow to receive updates.

1 Like

Thank you for the support @Gassim! Voted and following on the Jira :+1:

1 Like