Android app with DHIS2 2.32.0

Dear All,
I’ve got a big problem, we upgrade to the latest version of DHIS2.
We use Android App Capture to collect data (Android app version 1.2.3) in the field but with the latest version, impossible to connect.
I’ve got error “This server is running a dhis version different than 2.29” Update your servers version or use the testing environment to proceed."
Does anyone got the same problem?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi @fabien79,

Have you checked out the fixes proposed in this thread; Unable to login to DHIS2 Mobile Dashboard?

Best,
James.

Hi James,
Thanks you but it looks it doesn’t work.
Impossible to connect to the servers (even the https://play.dhis2.org/2.32dev/ ) with any kind of android app.
It’s a big big problem if the apps are not compatible anymore with the system, we are in production right now and impossible to collect data.
If anyone get a solution…

1 Like

Hi @fabien79,

I am tagging our server guy @potlaki to assist as @dhis2-android team also has a look at it.

Best,
James.

Hi @fabien79
Support for dhis 2.32 will be available from version 1.3.0. which is currently in development.
The android app 1.2.3 supports 2.29, 2.30 and 2.31 so If you really need to log into 2.32 please contact @marta.

1 Like

See below feedback from Marta

Best,
James.

Thanks James,
yes, i just saw the message.
I hope it’s possible to downgrade, i will check with our hosting Baosystems

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Fabien,

Yes it is through the most recent backup you had. I am sure the team in Bao will be able to assist with this. let us know how it goes.

Best,
James.

Thanks James,

Yes, we done that, so reinstall the last backup before upgrading.
It’s ok now.
Perhaps i do not know where to find the info, but for the next release i think it can be good to advise users about the DHIS version and the compatibility with android apps.
Today we didn’t loose a lot of data but i would be really problematic if this problems appears again in the future.

Thanks to all
Best
Fabien

1 Like

Hi Fabien,

I hear you - so Sorry about that.
New features/ upgrade / version release notes are always shared here and on the documentation here and Here by our teams. We will try and request the team to try make sure as much information is shared widely among all DHIS2 users as necessary.