What is the effect of making data element compulsary in data entry forms[DATASETS]

Hi to all,
Any one knows the effect of making data element compulsary to the datasets or Data entry forms.....any idea?

Thanks!

------------------------------On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 11:26 PM PST Jason Pickering wrote:>This problem is somehow related to an issue I was discussing with>Bob,namely that it would be useful to have a filter in place for certain>user to only be able to be allowed to download the data for orgunits for>which they have entered. I do not really know exactly Stephen's issue, but>I suspect it may be a similar requirement to what we have in Nigeria,>namely that users should be allowed to get their own aggregate data but not>the aggregate data of others. So, if IRC has entered data, a filter should>be put in place to retrieve their data from the orgunits assigned to this>particular user, and not inherit any other orgunits which have they have>not been explicitly assigned.>>>>2012/2/14 Ola Hodne Titlestad <olati@ifi.uio.no>>>> If it is only 10 facilities you need I would go with the mydatamart>> approach and select 1 facility at a time and download their data into

···

same local datamart and then create a pivot table on top of that. A bit>> cumbersome, but this requires no extra query on the server side.>> More long term we are planning filters in mydatamart to more easily>> download subsets of facilities or data elements. Right now you can download>> all data for 1 facilty or for all facilities in an area(parent,grandparent>> etc).>>>> Ola>> On Feb 14, 2012 9:13 PM, "Lars Helge Øverland" <larshelge@gmail.com>>> wrote:>>

Hello Andrew,

the compulsory data elements are used in the reporting rate summary
(in reports module). Using "compulsory data elements" as method for
calculation of reporting rates means that a complete data set/form is
defined as a form where all of the data elements are filled (have
values). In contrast, when using "complete data set registrations" as
the method, a complete form is defined as a form which has been marked
as complete by the data entry clerk through clicking on the "complete"
button.

regards, Lars

···

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Muhire Andrew <muhireandrew@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi to all,
Any one knows the effect of making data element compulsary to the datasets or Data entry forms.....any idea?

Thanks!

------------------------------On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 11:26 PM PST Jason Pickering wrote:>This problem is somehow related to an issue I was discussing with>Bob,namely that it would be useful to have a filter in place for certain>user to only be able to be allowed to download the data for orgunits for>which they have entered. I do not really know exactly Stephen's issue, but>I suspect it may be a similar requirement to what we have in Nigeria,>namely that users should be allowed to get their own aggregate data but not>the aggregate data of others. So, if IRC has entered data, a filter should>be put in place to retrieve their data from the orgunits assigned to this>particular user, and not inherit any other orgunits which have they have>not been explicitly assigned.>>>>2012/2/14 Ola Hodne Titlestad <olati@ifi.uio.no>>>> If it is only 10 facilities you need I would go with the mydatamart>> approach and select 1 facility at a time and download their data into
>> same local datamart and then create a pivot table on top of that. A bit>> cumbersome, but this requires no extra query on the server side.>> More long term we are planning filters in mydatamart to more easily>> download subsets of facilities or data elements. Right now you can download>> all data for 1 facilty or for all facilities in an area(parent,grandparent>> etc).>>>> Ola>> On Feb 14, 2012 9:13 PM, "Lars Helge Øverland" <larshelge@gmail.com>>> wrote:>>

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

just specifying below..

Hello Andrew,

the compulsory data elements are used in the reporting rate summary
(in reports module). Using "compulsory data elements" as method for
calculation of reporting rates means that a complete data set/form is
defined as a form where all of the

compulsory

data elements are filled (have

···

On 16.02.2012 11:51, Lars Helge �verland wrote:

values). In contrast, when using "complete data set registrations" as
the method, a complete form is defined as a form which has been marked
as complete by the data entry clerk through clicking on the "complete"
button.

regards, Lars

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Muhire Andrew<muhireandrew@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi to all,
Any one knows the effect of making data element compulsary to the datasets or Data entry forms.....any idea?

Thanks!

------------------------------On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 11:26 PM PST Jason Pickering wrote:>This problem is somehow related to an issue I was discussing with>Bob,namely that it would be useful to have a filter in place for certain>user to only be able to be allowed to download the data for orgunits for>which they have entered. I do not really know exactly Stephen's issue, but>I suspect it may be a similar requirement to what we have in Nigeria,>namely that users should be allowed to get their own aggregate data but not>the aggregate data of others. So, if IRC has entered data, a filter should>be put in place to retrieve their data from the orgunits assigned to this>particular user, and not inherit any other orgunits which have they have>not been explicitly assigned.>>>>2012/2/14 Ola Hodne Titlestad<olati@ifi.uio.no>>>> If it is only 10 facilities you need I would go with the mydatamart>> approach and select 1 facility at a time and download their data into
  >> same local datamart and then create a pivot table on top of that. A bit>> cumbersome, but this requires no extra query on the server side.>> More long term we are planning filters in mydatamart to more easily>> download subsets of facilities or data elements. Right now you can download>> all data for 1 facilty or for all facilities in an area(parent,grandparent>> etc).>>>> Ola>> On Feb 14, 2012 9:13 PM, "Lars Helge �verland"<larshelge@gmail.com>>> wrote:>>

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp