What goes into the Key value pairs of Generic Gateway configuration?

I have gone through some documentation but have not seen where there is clarification on some of the features I am trying to implement.

1. I am trying to setup a Generic Gateway configuration but I don’t understand what I was supposed to add to the Key value pairs section.

2. Also I am yet to understand the role SMS short codes play in the Program stage data entry parser of SMS Commands.

3. In the key value parser Commands configuration, there is the Required values notice “Make sure at least one SMS short code is provided when completeness method “Receive at least one data value” is chosen, otherwise received messages will not be processed.” Please I want to know what will I put in the Add formula field and do I have to fill all the data element fields?

Ideally I just want to be able to send SMS notification reminder for upcoming TEI schedule to enrolled members. As well as reminder for missed appointment. I will treat this as a thread to get support to implement SMS integration to our project. I also want to send SMS notification to certain user group for some orgUnit when there is data entry for a particular dataset.

Below is a sample curl for the SMS API from the service provider.

curl -X POST \
    https://api.sandbox.domain.com/version1/messaging \
    -H 'Accept: application/json' \
    -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' \
    -H 'apiKey: MyAppApiKey' \
    -d 'username=MyAppUsername&to=%2B254711XXXYYY,%2B254733YYYZZZ&message=Hello%20World!&from=myShortCode'

You are right there isn’t much info about this!

@zubair maybe you can share your insights about this. please. Thank you! (:

Can I get link to where I can get documentation on this issue?

1 Like

I am looking forward to get an answer too. !!!

1 Like

Thanks @jetisco4u and @Haliz.t!

Quoting @zubair:

Key value is used when we need to capture aggregate data using sms (edited)

For example, FDS: a=3,b=8

FDS is the name of the dataset and a and b are data elements which we need to capture data for

As for the resource, this is briefly explained here as well:
SMS Command for Reporting Data

Thanks!

HI @Gassim
so if i understood you right, we don’t need to configure this if we want to use the SMS configuration for only sending SMS reminders to parents about their next appointment ?

2 Likes

Yes, @Haliz.t! I think we understood it the same way. Like I said, I was qouting Zubair. :smile::+1:
Thanks!

@jetisco4u, I hope you found the info you were looking for! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear @jetisco4u
Have you completed the configuration of the Generic SMS Gateway??? if yes would you please share the steps?

@Gassim @zubair Any updates on this issue please ???

2 Likes

I have not. We experience delay from the network provider in setting us up on their system. But in few days I will revisit the project and will be needing any help on it if I exhaust my current knowledge of the setup and still have issue.

1 Like