Version 2.35.7 Data Visualizer App issue

I have DHIS2 version 2.35.7 installed on my server, I have created couple of indicators to display on Data visualizer app but data visualizer app is not displaying data of Data Elements and display data of Indicators, i have done Export tables in Analytics Table too.

I have applied this solution too, but my problem still exists (Its not displaying data in Reports)…!

@sybghat would you add more information such as the DHIS2 version that you are using? And, could you describe the steps that you are taking? Finally, if you open the network tab in the dev tool (F12), perform the actions and see an error then please take a screenshot. Thank you!

Currently I have DHIS2 version 2.35.7
I exported the data from DHIS2 version 2.35.6 and imported to another server having version 2.35.7
I performed exported tables in Analytics tables of Data Administration App and then tried to generate report in Data Visualization App. It successfully displayed the data of indicators, but its not displaying the data of Data Elements. its not showing any error in API calls in Network tab.

Hi @sybghat

Can you see the data in the data entry app?

If yes, can you see the data values in the analytics request in the network tab in the console?

yes, i am able to view the data in data entery app, all the data that i imported is viewable in data entry app

One thing that is hitting my mind is that when i installed DHIS2 Version 2.35.7 i added a fresh database, after some time i changed the database and connected the newly created database (it was empty too), i imported all the data and meta data to newly created Database, is there any thing that is connected to previous database and that is why it is displaying data on reports Empty ??

Hi @sybghat

We have not released 2.35.7 yet, so when you say 2.35.7, do you mean “2.35.7-SNAPSHOT” (which is the nightly build of 2.35)?

In general we do not recommend to export on one version and import into another. Between patch versions it is less risky, but there still could be issues if there are minor changes to the database structure. The recommended way to export from 2.35.6 and import to a clean “2.35.7” would be to create a clean 2.35.6, import into that, then upgrade it to 2.35.7 (i.e. stop; replace the war file; start).

Kind regards,
Phil

1 Like

yeah, i have “2.35.7-SNAPSHOT”. Thanks for your feed back i will try to implement that, so is there any documentation available which explains the hierarchy of Metadata to Import ? Because i had many issues while importing metadata, and Datasets.

Although we have documentation for the web API and also the Import/Export app, it may be lacking in terms of exactly what you are asking. Your best bet is probably to reach out to this community (either Support or Implementation channels) with the particular issues you face.

It may not help your import issues, but I would also recommend sticking to released versions, unless you urgently need a fix or feature that is only available in the next snapshot.

Kind regards,
Phil

2 Likes

Wonderful works, Team Thank you!

1 Like