User Role Issue for 2.29

Hello,

Recently, I set up a new instance of DHIS using V2.29 and migrated the metadata from V2.26. But the other user roles (except super admin) are not functioning properly. Like the Data Entry personnel can login but cannot access the Dataset in the system.

Please, how can I resolve this?

Thanks

Ayeni John Bidemi

Hi John,

A likely cause could be that you need to look at the Sharing which is now specifically required for data entry and viewing. Access to datasets are no longer defined in the user role but in sharing.

The documentation should assist you to get that sorted out.

Regards,

···

Elmarie Claasen

Project Manager

Health Information Systems Program

Tel: 041-367 1027

Cell: 082 374 2209

E-mail: elmarie@hisp.org

From: Dhis2-users dhis2-users-bounces+elmarie=hisp.org@lists.launchpad.net On Behalf Of john.bidemi82@gmail.com
Sent: Friday, September 7, 2018 11:59 AM
To: dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Subject: [Dhis2-users] User Role Issue for 2.29

Hello,

Recently, I set up a new instance of DHIS using V2.29 and migrated the metadata from V2.26. But the other user roles (except super admin) are not functioning properly. Like the Data Entry personnel can login but cannot access the Dataset in the system.

Thanks

Ayeni John Bidemi

Thank you Elmarie,

I have been able to sort it out directly on the DHIS but I read through to the documentation for better understanding.

···

Sent: Friday, September 7, 2018 12:11 PM
To: john.bidemi82@gmail.com; dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Subject: RE: [Dhis2-users] User Role Issue for 2.29

Hi John,

A likely cause could be that you need to look at the Sharing which is now specifically required for data entry and viewing. Access to datasets are no longer defined in the user role but in sharing.

The documentation should assist you to get that sorted out.

Regards,

Elmarie Claasen

Hisp logo

Project Manager

Health Information Systems Program

Tel: 041-367 1027

Cell: 082 374 2209

E-mail: elmarie@hisp.org

From: Dhis2-users dhis2-users-bounces+elmarie=hisp.org@lists.launchpad.net On Behalf Of john.bidemi82@gmail.com
Sent: Friday, September 7, 2018 11:59 AM
To: dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Subject: [Dhis2-users] User Role Issue for 2.29

Hello,

Thanks

Ayeni John Bidemi

This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer. Please read the disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in terms of this electronic transmission. If you cannot access the disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@hisp.org and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the provisions of the disclaimer.