User Level Statistics

Hi All -

I am wondering if there is a way to see user level statistics in DHIS2. I have seen the Usage Analytics functionality, but we want to go a bit deeper and understand what dashboards/charts the user is viewing and the path they take to get there. For example, if Bill Smith signs in, we can see his username and every dashboard/chart he visited during that session.

The usage analytics gives us aggregate data, but I am looking for more micro, user level.

Is this functionality available currently?

Thanks for your help!
Brandon

3 Likes

Hi @BKlyn,

Someone from @dhis2-analytics will have a look at your request shortly and advise.

Best,
James.

1 Like

@jomutsani Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Was this responded to? I am also interested

1 Like

Hi @BKlyn and @skalyati, We do have a basic user analytics application, but this application does not provide information about the system usage of an individual user. You can scrape the data directly from the server but that would require a custom feature.

This is a frequent request, so we are planning to extend the functionalities of the usage analytics application. You feedback on exactly what you would like to see would be appreciated.

@martindale does PSI have any more advanced user analytics tools?

3 Likes

This would be a really important enhancement on the usage analytics application.

2 Likes

@Scott

Thanks for the reply. Here is what we would love to see for our project:

By Username:

• Dashboards views (how many times have they visited each dashboard)
  • Dashboard duration (how long are they staying on each dashboard)
  • Chart views (how many times have they visited a given chart)
  • Chart duration (how long are they staying on a given chart)
  • Path Analysis (Where does a user start, where do they jump to and where do they end)
  • System Logins (Total number of times logged into the system)
  • Days from last login (Time they last logged in vs. today’s date)
  • Session Duration (how long were they logged into DHIS2 for)
  • Bounce Rate (% of single page sessions, of which there was no interaction with the page)

As you will see the wish list is a mix of dis aggregated DHIS2 stats and identified Google Analytics functionality.

@skalyati I would love to hear what you guys are looking for from a user statistics perspective. I am sure I missed some in the above.

Thanks for taking this up. Any additional insights or functionality will help us immensely!
Brandon

4 Likes

Thanks for this great list!

I would say that some of these, if it is something that can be done through Google Analytics, then we will also have to consider whether we also want to add it to DHIS2 or whether we would just recommend Google Analytics.

Some of the analytics might be more difficult than others because of the way API calls are made (perhaps @juan can add more on this).

Lastly,

This is possible in DHIS2 2.31 - DHIS2-2992.

1 Like

@BKlyn thats exactly what i would also love to be able to do.Some people claim to be busy entering data and when it comes to analysis they would say i have been online all through out and it is difficult to know who is actually active in the system.

2 Likes

hi @Scott

The user analytics app we have only lets you know the last time an individual (or group) logged in or inputted an interpretation/comment. It does not tell you what else they did in the system

2 Likes

Hi @Karoline

Thanks for the reply. The problem we are having with Google Analytics is that it is all anonymized. We cannot link that information back to an individual user. The reason we need this linked back to an individual user is so we can start understanding demographics level usage statistics. For example, we know people in a specific region are using these dashboards and others are not. Another example is if we know the usage and paths of individual users, we can then attribute an occupation/age/gender/region to them and understand which people or occupation prefer which dashboards. If we have this information, we can then alter dashboards or visualizations for specific user groups.

I hope this makes it more clear of why we need user level stats in DHIS2 and not Google Analytics.

Thanks,
Brandon

2 Likes