The University of Oslo is happy to announce the Routine Health Information System (RHIS) Level 2 Academy to be hosted on 01-05 May at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Amman, Jordan.
The theme of this academy is providing the community with tools to understand the benefits of an RHIS and how DHIS2 can be utilized to implement an integrated system in practice.
NB: This academy does not focus on the configuration of any DHIS2 features; please consider the DHIS2 Level 1 academies for this purpose.
- Understand the role of routine health information systems
- Identify the principles of an integrated health information systems (HIS) design
- Discuss examples where HIS architecture has been integrated at scale
- Review the different types of routine data that can be captured and analyzed in DHIS2
- Discuss implementing the principles of RHIS design in DHIS2 through focusing on the use of data
- Discuss implementation considerations around planning and budgeting, mobile deployment, security and capacity building
- Discuss considerations related to the sustainability and long-term maintenance of your system
- Discuss frameworks for assessing your system and developing long term work plans
- Discuss the role of the HISP network in supporting integrated system implementations
- This training targets staff who are involved in the planning, design, implementation and maintenance of national scale routine health information systems.
- The academy targets countries and organizations involved in planning, implementing and evaluating a new or mature DHIS2 implementation
- The target audience should be those involved in the long-term sustainability and oversight of the implementation that can also affect day-to-day operation through effective strategic interventions including:
- DHIS2 core team staff (project leads/managers, technical DHIS2 leads)
- HMIS heads/managers
- MOH program managers, M&E focal points
- Development partners (technical officers, implementing partners, regional partners)
There are no prerequisites to attend the RHIS academy. You should be involved or planning a DHIS2 implementation to get the most out of the principles associated with this course.
Registration available HERE !