Tracker - Registered User Complete not appearing in Lists / Search

Hello,

I’m trying to create a tracker program and users enrolled to it. This is my first tracker program (after reading lot of documentation and cheking the play.dhis2.org website for examples).

All the user registration is ok: “Registration is completed”. I have registered many different users.

But once registered, I can’t find that user, neither clicking in the “lists” link neither clicking in the “search” link. Clicking on there doesn’t return any user.

Program Entity Attributes and Tracked Entity Type contains all the required attributs: “Name, Surname, ID”, and all are marked as “Display in Lists” and “Searchable”. The attributes appear in the Search links, but I don’t receive any result from the database.

Refreshing web browser page doesn’t help.

Can anyone help me?
I’m new to DHIS2 and I’m really lost what could be the cause of the problem.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hi @kfeina,

There can be multiple reasons why you don’t see your tracked entity instances. The first thing I would have you check, is that the list that you are looking at is filtered on the same Organisation Unit as your enrolled your tracked entities into. You can see the circled areas in my screenshot. Also make sure your logged in user has access to view the organisation unit you registered the tracked entity instances into.

1 Like

Hello,

Yes, when I click the “list” link, I also check that the the OU is the same as the registered user was.
Yes, the login user is the admin (by default in my test system), so I supose as and admin, it has full accesss to view the registered users.

Any hint is welcome, I can’t find the main reason why registered users are not shown.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

1 Like

Hello Again, I can answer my self the solution.

I supposed badly: Being an admin user or superuser doesn’t give you the right to view the list of users created.

To solve, I checked “Search Organisation Units” in the users app for my admin user, and now, the user lists appear.

I also checked " Data capture and maintenance organisation units", and now, I also can use the created datasets in Data Entry. I had a similar problem: datasets were not listed. Now, they are.

I’m not sure if this point is treated in the documentation. Should be nice to add some note somewhere about this.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hi again @kfeina,

great that you came to a solution! The access model in DHIS2 is becoming very complicated, and it might be that the documentation is not detailed enough on this point. We will be sure to review it and make sure it is up to date.

To comment on your last post:
We have an authority in DHIS2 named “ALL”. What we usually refer to in DHIS2 as a superuser is a user who has this “ALL” authority. In a production environment, you don’t want this authority to be available to users, only a select few. The reason for this, is that the “ALL” authority lets you override all authority checks in the system. So any operation that requires a specific authority can be ignored as long as the user has the “ALL” authority.

The “ALL” authority does not however ignore access constraints to data. This is limited by the data scopes as you figured out when you solved your problem. This is a separate form of access control that authorities. This way a user can have the access to manage a system, but at the same time not have full access to all private data.

I hope this clears up the issue for now. We will review the documentation for access control, and if you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks a lot, now it is more clear. It seems a very interesting feautre that a user can have access to manage a system and in the same time, not having access to the private data. That has sense.

But my test was with the user: SuperUser.

So I don’t understand why not to have all the rights for this user at the beginning after installing the program, specially when you can check yourself and grant all of them. Is there any reason?

In fact, in (https://play.dhis2.org/), the superuser has all the rights assigned to them.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards.

1 Like

This is just what is default. There are no special users in DHIS2 by default, except for “admin” which has the ALL authority when you start from a fresh database.

When you access play.dhis2.org instances, these are running on a demo-database we have created, where we have explicitly given the admin user access to all organisation units, so uers are more free to play around and try features.

1 Like

Hello again,

Only to note, that in my case, I did a fresh installation from the last version 2.30, and the “superuser” came with not all the settings “checked”.

All is OK if it is the default, but I’m not sure about you are meaning that.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Hi again @kfeina,

when you start up a fresh instance of DHIS2, you have a premade user, admin. This user has the premade role “Superuser”. This user has the ALL authority (See screenshot). So this is default for all fresh installations of DHIS2.

1 Like

Hi there, Am suffering from the same problem and I have followed all these steps in vein. My DHIS2 version is 2.36.6

Is there anything any other setting that needs to be configured?

Thanks

Welcome to the community @paulgonzaga! Thank you for your patience, and since this topic post is from 2019, it might help to specify exactly what issue are you facing. Would you please create a new topic post with details on steps to reproduce the issue?

Thank you!