Tracker capture app for Android - OUs not showing up

We’re trying to use the Android tracker capture app for our version 2.28 Tracker program but only get the very top level OU available when we attempt to capture data. Is there something we’ve forgotten?

Regards

Ed

Oh wow, looks like you may be right. We made an assumption that by selecting the top level while everything is collapsed, that all children would be available to the user.

Does this mean that if I want some users to be able to enter data at facility level, I have to expand every province, district, subdistrict etc. and select each of the 800 facilities one by one? Is there no way to assign all OUs to a user quickly? This appears to be in contrast to the standard data set capture in DHIS2 where child OUs are selected automatically by selecting the collapsed top level if I’m not mistaken.

Regards

Ed

···

From: Dhis2-users [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+erobinson=projectbalance.com@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Edward Robinson

Sent: Friday, 16 February 2018 12:35 PM

To: dhis2-users dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Subject: [Dhis2-users] Tracker capture app for Android - OUs not showing up

We’re trying to use the Android tracker capture app for our version 2.28 Tracker program but only get the very top level OU available when we attempt to capture data. Is there something we’ve forgotten?

Regards

Ed

Hi Ed,

I can’t speak to the Tracker data capture, but I had a similar problem in the Android Data Capture app for aggregate data. I ended up creating users who were assigned to organizations only at the level of data collection: so in this case, the particular hospital wards that they were working. It was possible to collect data for multiple locations, as long as those locations were individually specified for each user individually. The permissions didn’t filter down to lower orgUnit levels the way that they do in the web data entry forms.

Hope this helps!

Mike

···

From: Dhis2-users [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+mjohnson=pih.org@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Edward Robinson

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 12:35 PM

Regards

Ed

Thanks Mike, that confirms my suspicions. I’ll create a Jira ticket to suggest consistency with the OU selection behaviour.

Cheers

Ed

···

Sent: Friday, 16 February 2018 2:01 PM

To: Edward Robinson erobinson@projectbalance.com; dhis2-users dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Subject: RE: Tracker capture app for Android - OUs not showing up

Hi Ed,

I can’t speak to the Tracker data capture, but I had a similar problem in the Android Data Capture app for aggregate data. I ended up creating users who were assigned to organizations only at the level of data collection: so in this case, the particular hospital wards that they were working. It was possible to collect data for multiple locations, as long as those locations were individually specified for each user individually. The permissions didn’t filter down to lower orgUnit levels the way that they do in the web data entry forms.

Hope this helps!

Mike

From: Dhis2-users [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+mjohnson=pih.org@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Edward Robinson

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 12:35 PM

Regards

Ed

Hi Ed - check the User account that you’re testing: the Org Unit assignment needs to have all possible options selected, rather than just the top level. On desktop, when you create Users and assign org units, you can choose a top level, and it will assign all the levels below. For the app, you’ll need to select each org individually.

After fixing this, on the app, the org units you selected will appear in one long list (there isn’t a hierarchy), and may be a list of a combination of levels (if that’s what you selected for that User).

As a test, from the User account: de-select all org units, and only select a few of the lowest level org unit you’re trying to test.

Re-boot the app, and you should now see just these org units.

···

Sara

Sara Gaudon, LogicalOutcomes

Skype: sara@logicaloutcomes.net | Toronto 647-478-5634 x103 Washington 202-779-9634 x103

From: Dhis2-users dhis2-users-bounces+sara=logicaloutcomes.net@lists.launchpad.net on behalf of Edward Robinson erobinson@projectbalance.com

Sent: February 16, 2018 12:35:28 PM

To: dhis2-users

Regards

Ed

Does anyone know if this has been resolved - the need in the app only to select every individual OU for each user rather than the parent?

1 Like