Tracker API

Hi devs,

I was wondering what functionality is available via the Web API for individual data. I don’t see much here, but I do see that it’s possible to submit values for a single event without registration.

We have a project that involves registering and tracking pregnant mothers. We have partners that would likely submit data from the backends of their mobile applications to our interoperability layer and we would like to be able to interact with the DHIS2 via the Web API.

Is any tracker functionality currently available via the Web API or is there a plan to develop such functionality?

Thanks!

Pascal

···

*Pascal Brandt
Senio**r Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27 84 827 9342 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: psbrandt
E-mail: pascal@jembi.org*

Hi,

We are working on this for the 2.13 release, single events with registration, and multiple events with registration.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/webapi-events-and-multiple-events-with-registration

···

Morten

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Pascal Brandt pascal@jembi.org wrote:

Hi devs,

I was wondering what functionality is available via the Web API for individual data. I don’t see much here, but I do see that it’s possible to submit values for a single event without registration.

We have a project that involves registering and tracking pregnant mothers. We have partners that would likely submit data from the backends of their mobile applications to our interoperability layer and we would like to be able to interact with the DHIS2 via the Web API.

Is any tracker functionality currently available via the Web API or is there a plan to develop such functionality?

Thanks!

Pascal

*Pascal Brandt

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

To add to that, we are planning to expose persons and make it possible to submit data for programs which require person registration as well. It’s not yet complete but will be ready for the 2.13 release at October 11.

regards,

Lars

Hi Morten and Lars,

Thanks very much for the information. I can’t see much on the blueprint, but does this mean we’ll be able to register patients (add persons), enroll them in programs and submit datasets for them, all via the Web API?

Ciao,

Pascal

···

On 3 September 2013 18:44, Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com wrote:

To add to that, we are planning to expose persons and make it possible to submit data for programs which require person registration as well. It’s not yet complete but will be ready for the 2.13 release at October 11.

regards,

Lars

*Pascal Brandt

Hi Pascal

At the very least you will be able to query persons, and submit new events for them. Enrollment etc, is not currently in the blueprint, but once everything else is there, I will look into adding it.

···

Morten

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Pascal Brandt pascal@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Morten and Lars,

Thanks very much for the information. I can’t see much on the blueprint, but does this mean we’ll be able to register patients (add persons), enroll them in programs and submit datasets for them, all via the Web API?

Ciao,

Pascal

regards,

Lars

*Pascal Brandt

Hi Morten,

Thanks for the clarification. Our primary objective at the moment is to register pregnant women, so if there’s any way we could vote for the “Add Persons” feature, we would :).

Ciao,

Pascal

···

On 3 September 2013 20:35, Morten Olav Hansen mortenoh@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Pascal

At the very least you will be able to query persons, and submit new events for them. Enrollment etc, is not currently in the blueprint, but once everything else is there, I will look into adding it.

*Pascal Brandt

Morten

Hi Morten and Lars,

Ciao,

Pascal

regards,

Lars

*Pascal Brandt

I think we will add support for enrollment. As soon as we get person support then the enrollment part should relatively easy to add.

···

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Pascal Brandt pascal@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Morten,

Thanks for the clarification. Our primary objective at the moment is to register pregnant women, so if there’s any way we could vote for the “Add Persons” feature, we would :).

Ciao,

Pascal

Hi Pascal

*Pascal Brandt

Morten

Hi Morten and Lars,

Ciao,

Pascal

regards,

Lars

*Pascal Brandt

Yes both of these features are planned for 2.13.

Lars

···

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Chris Seebregts chris@jembi.org wrote:

Thanks Lars and Morten
Do you think you might be planning to add both the person and enrolment functionality into your version 2.13 release around October 11, or sometime thereafter?

Just for our internal planning.

Thanks and regards

Chris

On Tuesday, September 3, 2013, Lars Helge Øverland wrote:

I think we will add support for enrollment. As soon as we get person support then the enrollment part should relatively easy to add.

Christopher Seebregts, PhD

*Executive Director | Jembi Health Systems NPC
Hon Assoc Prof | School of Mathematics, Statistics & Computer Science | University of KwaZulu-Natal
SOUTH AFRICA

Tel: +27 21 701 0939 (office); chrisseebregts (skype)
Email: chris@jembi.org; seebregtsc@ukzn.ac.za

Assistant: Lindie Spies (lindie@jembi.org)*

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Pascal Brandt pascal@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Morten,

Ciao,

Pascal

Hi Pascal

*Pascal Brandt

Morten

Hi Morten and Lars,

Ciao,

Pascal

regards,

Lars

*Pascal Brandt