The new DHIS2 translation platform is now available!

Thanks Philip

2 Likes

That’s great and may encourage us moving forward with more translation.

2 Likes

Hi @phil ,

I see that now I am only able to suggest translations, no longer able to directly translate. Have you lately restrict this?

Plus, what is the policy for the suggestions? Do you routinely check them? Is there someone from the core team validating them or rather is it based on the number of votes the suggestion has?

[EDIT]
Sorry, I see now that I can only make changes in the app-properties–master, which make sense with your directions. Still the question whether in which cases should we “Change” and in which should we “Suggest” and also the procedure that the latest follows.

2 Likes

Hi @barreda,

We have not intentionally restricted translations, but once they are accepted by someone with Review privileges (status == Reviewed) then they can no longer be edited by people with Translator privileges.

When we migrated from the previous platform, we set a large percentage of the strings to Reviewed, under the assumption that they were already “correct”. However, that assumption doesn’t hold in many cases.
That means we would definitely welcome change suggestions.

We want to build up teams of Reviewers for the various languages, and it is the role of the reviewers to check both new translations, and suggestions.

If members of the community would like to be considered as Reviewers for a particular language, they are welcome to contact us at translate@dhis2.org. As supporting information we are interested in your role in the community, and relevant experience.

Lastly, Although we do strongly prefer people to translate the master resources (as it simplifies the process and serves the larger community better) we are not intentionally restricting translations on any versions; we value all and any contributions from the community. If someone wants to translate an app in 2.31 only, for example, we are still very grateful!

Kind regards,
Phil

We would ideally like to get all strings to Reviewed status, and only pull reviewed strings into the code. However, to begin with we see getting translations in as the priority; therefore all translated strings are pulled into the code.

4 Likes

P.S. We will also consider promoting Translators to Reviewers temporarily if and when that makes sense to achieve particular translation objectives.

4 Likes

Great to know @phil. Might work for a language team with many members. For smaller groups might be tricky. Not sure if it makes sense if I got promoted temporarily then I approved my own translation for example. But can’t always wait until the team is built, can we? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good copy @phil, thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @aprisa,

Personally, I see no problem with having native speakers, who are experts in DHIS2, accepting their own translations.

:wink:

2 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Encountered the conflict Period: 201203 is after latest open future period: 201202 for data element: VdDe2K63Da2

can add chinese to all program ?

2 Likes

Hi @linxd,

Is your question with reference to your transifex request for Hong Kong Chinese?
We currently have zh and zh_CN options, but can add the zh_HK option to all apps, in transifex, if you need it.

Kind regards,
Phil

2 Likes

but I can’t join in.

2 Likes

@linxd,

You are very welcome to join!

I accepted your requests to zh and zh_CN translations on Friday and I just added you to the zh_HK language too.

Kind regards,
Phil

1 Like

why remove me from proj?

Hi @linxd,

I certainly haven’t intentionally removed you from anything. What seems to be the problem?

I don’t have the opportunity to check transifex right now, but will try later today.

Kind regards,
Phil

good evening it really made me happy and thank you for everything

Mamoudou DIALLO

Gestionnaire des bases de données

de la cellule sectorielle de lutte

**contre le Sida la Tuberculose **

**et les Hépatites Virales **

du Ministère de la Santé

et des Affaires Sociales

65 64 79 00

76 32 66 96

1 Like

This is really great, @phil

Best,
Josue

1 Like

I can’t do translate. may by the transfix. It need fee?

1 Like

Hi @linxd,

I don’t know what happened, as you were added to the Core Apps team before.
Anyway, I have accepted your new requests to join the team now.

Don’t hesitate to let us know if there are problems in the future.

Kind regards,
Phil

1 Like