Test Server with 2.18 war file is giving 404 error

Dear All,
I was trying the 2.18 war file, so i actually setup a test server
using the database of central server which is running on 2.15 war but
i am having 404 error. Even when i changed the wars to 2.16. or 2.17,
i am still having the same issue.
Please find the attached logs.

Please i need urgent help and thanks in advance

catalina.2015-05-04.log (37 KB)

···

--
Regards,

Gerald

Hi Gerald

I don't know fully what is going on here and what else you have on the
server, but tomcat is failing to start because something else
(probably this or another tomcat) is already running and listening on
these ports (8080,8009 and 8005),

Bob

···

On 4 May 2015 at 16:03, gerald thomas <gerald17006@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear All,
I was trying the 2.18 war file, so i actually setup a test server
using the database of central server which is running on 2.15 war but
i am having 404 error. Even when i changed the wars to 2.16. or 2.17,
i am still having the same issue.
Please find the attached logs.

Please i need urgent help and thanks in advance
--
Regards,

Gerald

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Dear Bob,
This is a new desktop and a new installation of ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I am
not running any other application apart from dhis2. I am trying to
solve Zara's issue but i need to do it on a test server before doing
it on the live server.
Please what is your advice:
Should i format and start the installation again or how can i find
those applications because from "netstat" i can see port 8080 and 8005

···

On 5/4/15, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Gerald

I don't know fully what is going on here and what else you have on the
server, but tomcat is failing to start because something else
(probably this or another tomcat) is already running and listening on
these ports (8080,8009 and 8005),

Bob

On 4 May 2015 at 16:03, gerald thomas <gerald17006@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear All,
I was trying the 2.18 war file, so i actually setup a test server
using the database of central server which is running on 2.15 war but
i am having 404 error. Even when i changed the wars to 2.16. or 2.17,
i am still having the same issue.
Please find the attached logs.

Please i need urgent help and thanks in advance
--
Regards,

Gerald

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

--
Regards,

Gerald

OK it looks like you have stock standard tomcat and it is not shutting
down properly and so when you try and start it its already running and

Try running 'sudo netstat -ntlp | grep 8080'

That should show you the pid of what is running (eg 1456/java).

Kill that (with 'kill 1456'). Check again with netstat that it is
really gone. If its not then really kill it with a sledgehammer (kill
-9 1456).

Then try and start your tomcat again.

···

On 4 May 2015 at 17:27, gerald thomas <gerald17006@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Bob,
This is a new desktop and a new installation of ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I am
not running any other application apart from dhis2. I am trying to
solve Zara's issue but i need to do it on a test server before doing
it on the live server.
Please what is your advice:
Should i format and start the installation again or how can i find
those applications because from "netstat" i can see port 8080 and 8005

On 5/4/15, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Gerald

I don't know fully what is going on here and what else you have on the
server, but tomcat is failing to start because something else
(probably this or another tomcat) is already running and listening on
these ports (8080,8009 and 8005),

Bob

On 4 May 2015 at 16:03, gerald thomas <gerald17006@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear All,
I was trying the 2.18 war file, so i actually setup a test server
using the database of central server which is running on 2.15 war but
i am having 404 error. Even when i changed the wars to 2.16. or 2.17,
i am still having the same issue.
Please find the attached logs.

Please i need urgent help and thanks in advance
--
Regards,

Gerald

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

--
Regards,

Gerald