Set default value for data elements in tracker program

Dear Team,
is it possible to set default value for DE for tracker program?
thank you
channara

Hello @Channara

Yes you can do it with Program Rule (with Assign value action)

Regards

3 Likes

@didate is correct. And remember that the program rule could evaluate always to true by using an expression such as that “true”

2 Likes

Hi @didate and @jaime.bosque ,
Yes, the assign value from program rule is working. But can we make it editable? mean users/data clerk able to change value from default if they need while entry data.

thank you
channara

Hello @Channara

Umm I don’t know, But the solution I see is to use a second data element (Yes Only) which will make the first one editable when you check it.

The rule will be : assign a value as long as the checked data element is not checked

1 Like

Dear @jaime.bosque,
I have the same question of Rin : can we make it editable? it means, are users able to change value from default if they need while entry data?

thanks
Regards

1 Like

Hi @juan.espinoza.chile . In order to make it editable you will need to have another Program Rule that removes that condition or that is higher in priority. I can think if of, for example, having a checkbox below (Yes / No) which could say “do you want to modify the value below?” and if the user would click yes make the first program rule false so you could edit the field.

I hope that helps. If you are still not happy with this you could request a JIRA feature for allowing direct modification of assigned values so we can consider eventually.

1 Like