Seeking for guidance

Hello community members🙋🏻‍♂️,
Hope you all doing well. My name is Ulanbek and I am a newbie and I am looking for some help.
I have created a tracker, and it seems works fine, but cannot build a pivot table or report.
Can anyone guide me to understand DHIS2. Especially I need some explanation on trackers, how the program indicators work, categories, and how all this relates to the reports.

Can anybody help me?
Appreciate your support in advance🤝🏻
Regards, Ulanbek

@Ulanbek
When you decide to use tracker programs for data collection, you have to create program indicators to help you aggregate the individual level data in pivot tables. Otherwise you have to use Event Reports to see data in its raw form.
With tracker we use what we call options to collect data for specific details for example in Gender you have to pick either Male or Female(In orther wards Optional) while categories will apply to aggregate data to represent gender one has to fill in a sum of Male or a sum of Female receiving a service (20 Male, 4 Female).
Program Indicators will help you count a total Females (in cases where Female was selected) See link on Program Indicators.

Let us know if this was helpful.
Stay Safe,
Emma

1 Like

@Emma_Kassy thank you for your reply.
I would like to share here what I am trying to do. And I believe it could be useful for those who are new and want to create a Tracker program in DHIS2.
I attached the Excel file with a description of what I am working on:
TASK-eng version.xlsx (21.3 KB)

Dear experienced community members, please have a look and share here your suggestions on what and how it could be done. I have created the Tracker program, but still doubt if the attribute/data element/option set types are correct, as couldn’t create reports based on what I have done.
Please suggest here what and why should be changed.
Thank you very much.
Regards, Ulanbek

Hi @Ulanbek,

I have downloaded your file and it’s really an interesting case. How did you come up with the solution to your reports? Did you have another approach as to how the tracker should be structured?

I have a similar case. i.e. a form that is similar to the one you have shared. I hope you share your experience

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @fernandoshake,

Thank you for your message.
Yes, I have solved everything by building custom reports. So now have no problems at all.
If you have questions please feel free to ask.
Regards, Ulanbek

1 Like

Hi @Ulanbek,

Taking your case as an example, what steps should I take to build custom forms? I have heard of custom reports, but I do not where to start from.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @fernandoshake,

First design your report. Then define the elements which you will include and the rules how they should be calculated.
In the Event reports form json query and get the data.
From that point you can use javascript and create custom report which can be uploaded into Standard reportsas html format report.

Share your design and list of data elements, so we could discuss it.

Regards, Ulanbek

1 Like

Hi @Ulanbek ,
I am a newbie in DHIS2 and want to make some custom Html reports. Will you plz help me out?
from where I should start.

1 Like

Hi @Tooba,
Just thought I’d let you know to please make sure you are going to use plain HTML if you’re thinking of printing the reports tables as PDF! see (Downloading DHIS2 Reports as PDF - #4 by Gassim)

@Gassim, i have developed the custom forms. Now I want to use the "Report → Standard Report ->Html reports ". I want to add my own indicators and data elements as per my requirements in the report ( custom report) , but I don’t know from where I start . Is their any sample reports which I can see to get an idea .

Hi @Tooba,
Did you try to download the HTML report template mentioned in the docs, here?

The report template, which you can download after selecting report type, is a useful starting point for developing HTML based standard reports.

Hope you find it helpful! Please feel free to post if you have more questions, thanks! (: