Request: Offline/cached data element notification

Hello Devs

I was taught that the ‘yellow’ means communication with the DHIS2 server, and ‘green’ means communication received and saved to DHIS 2.

This much holds true for online data entry, but if the connection falters:

The data element fields will still act in the same way. But now the green color means something very different: yellow is still means communication, in this case ‘attempted’, and the green means saved to client side cache.

I think it would be helpful to use a different color when saving to local storage so that the user understands that they will need to upload those particular values later. One possible example:

Then once the connection comes back up

They can all turn green as they are uploaded.

···

Timothy Harding

RPCV Vanuatu

+1 (541) 632-6623

Just bumping this one up,

Am I right in thinking the change for this would only be in the javascript/jquery files?

···

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Timothy Harding hardingt@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Devs

I was taught that the ‘yellow’ means communication with the DHIS2 server, and ‘green’ means communication received and saved to DHIS 2.

This much holds true for online data entry, but if the connection falters:

The data element fields will still act in the same way. But now the green color means something very different: yellow is still means communication, in this case ‘attempted’, and the green means saved to client side cache.

I think it would be helpful to use a different color when saving to local storage so that the user understands that they will need to upload those particular values later. One possible example:

Then once the connection comes back up

They can all turn green as they are uploaded.

Timothy Harding

RPCV Vanuatu

+1 (541) 632-6623

Timothy Harding

RPCV Vanuatu

+1 (541) 632-6623