Questions: Deleting Org Units and Enabling User Visualization

Good morning everyone,

I’m a fairly new DHIS2 user, and I would love your guidance and support about two pesky issues we are having. Many apologies if for whatever reason I’m not sending this to the correct listserv!

I am trying to delete organizational units at the country, region, and health facility level, and I keep getting the error “Could not delete due to association with another object: DataValue.” I have cleared all data from the data entry section and can’t find any favorited graphs associated with the account. How can I address this error to delete the organizational units?

And one more issue: we have grouped some of our country office DHIS2 users by organizational unit. When the managers log on, we want them to be able to see users in the organizational unit to which they have been assigned; however, we can’t figure out which authority would grant them this privilege under “user role.” I have tried all authorities associated specifically with users and have not had any luck so far.

As a warning, I am a fairly new DHIS2 user, so I am not able to edit the backend coding associated with the platform.

Any help would be seriously appreciated!

Kind regards,

Rachel

Rachel Shapiro | CARE USA | SAFPAC Intern – Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights

151 Ellis Street, NE, Atlanta GA 30303-2440

Email: Rachel.Shapiro@care.org | www.care.org | Skype : Rachel.Shapiro@care.org

Hours: M-F, 8:30-5:00

Hi,

Which DHIS2 version are you using?

For first question, I guess you need to remove soft delete data values or events. Go to Data Administration module and do the performance there, see screenshot.

For your second question, I think you need to assign View user authority to your manager user role, and use feature User by Organisation Unit

···

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Shapiro, Rachel Rachel.Shapiro@care.org wrote:

Good morning everyone,

I’m a fairly new DHIS2 user, and I would love your guidance and support about two pesky issues we are having. Many apologies if for whatever reason I’m not sending this to the correct listserv!

I am trying to delete organizational units at the country, region, and health facility level, and I keep getting the error “Could not delete due to association with another object: DataValue.” I have cleared all data from the data entry section and can’t find any favorited graphs associated with the account. How can I address this error to delete the organizational units?

And one more issue: we have grouped some of our country office DHIS2 users by organizational unit. When the managers log on, we want them to be able to see users in the organizational unit to which they have been assigned; however, we can’t figure out which authority would grant them this privilege under “user role.” I have tried all authorities associated specifically with users and have not had any luck so far.

As a warning, I am a fairly new DHIS2 user, so I am not able to edit the backend coding associated with the platform.

Kind regards,

Rachel

Rachel Shapiro | CARE USA | SAFPAC Intern – Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Em Le Hong
DHIS2 Implementation| **HISP Vietnam **

em.hispvietnam@gmail.com | Skype: em.hispvietnam@gmail.com

Hello,

Thats so much for your help! I am using version 2.25

I have a different menu when I click data administration (see screenshot below). I tried just clicking “permanently remove soft data values,” and I am still getting the same error message!

As for the second issue, I’ve done both of those, and my users are showing up under org units. I don’t have a “view user authority” option under “authorities,” but I have tried assigning all user authorities associated with viewing/adding users, and it is still not working for me. Any additional ideas?

Again, thank you so much for your help!!

Rachel

···

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Shapiro, Rachel
Rachel.Shapiro@care.org wrote:

Good morning everyone,

Kind regards,

Rachel

<image001.png>

Mailing list:
https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe :
https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help :
https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Em Le Hong