questions about tracker (coordinates, attributes, visualization)

Hi all,

Looking for input on the tracker function. We are registering participants in community events using the android app in the field. Here are my questions about tracker:

• Why might a field for coordinates show up in the stages, but not in the main program enrollment screen if I have checked “yes” to capturing coordinates? (But the coordinates field DOES show up in tracker capture using a computer, just not on the app)
  • What is the rationale for certain characteristics being attributes vs. data elements? If I want to be able to visualize all the data - total number enrolled, where, characteristics, stages - which should be attributes of the tracked entity and which should be data elements?
  • In general I am having trouble visualizing tracked data - I made program indicators for certain elements, is that the best way to visualize tracker data? Tracker data elements are not even showing up in the data visualizer.

Another question is when I initially access the visualizer or pivot tables (as the admin), an error screen will pop up saying “No organization unit levels found” - any thoughts on what this means? I’m still able to see all my org units…

Thanks in advance for your help!

~Natalie T

Dear Natalie

Here are some responses to your questions

• Why might a field for coordinates show up in the stages, but not in the main program enrollment screen if I have checked “yes” to capturing coordinates? (But the coordinates field DOES show up in tracker capture using a computer, just not on the app)
    If you need coordinates to show up on the enrolment as part of the attributes, you will need to select yes to capture coordinates in the tracker program design. And since you did then it should be an issues with Andriod capture App.

Also try to use the latest Tracker capture Android 0.5.1 if you are running DHIS2 2.28.

However note that in GIS program coordinates are not yet supported in events layer.

• What is the rationale for certain characteristics being attributes vs. data elements? If I want to be able to visualize all the data - total number enrolled, where, characteristics, stages - which should be attributes of the tracked entity and which should be data elements?
    Well there is no defined approach as it depends on the different use cases, however it would be good to have identifier information as part of attributes if its information that doesn’t change (and even if it changes you dont want to keep track of the changes) for the tracked entity during longitudinal followup. Also if the identification info is too much you can consider creating an initial non repeatable stage that can accommodate the extra baseline or reg data.

Since enrolment analysis is not yet supported in Events report and Events visualizer, you can only have attributes together with any program stage in events reports.

• In general I am having trouble visualizing tracked data - I made program indicators for certain elements, is that the best way to visualize tracker data? Tracker data elements are not even showing up in the data visualizer.
    Its encouraged to use program indicators to analyse events and tracker data. In pivot tables, visualizer and GIS you will only have sensible analysis with program indicators not events data elements.

Regards

···

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 7:26 PM, Natalie Tibbels ntibbel1@jhu.edu wrote:

Hi all,

Looking for input on the tracker function. We are registering participants in community events using the android app in the field. Here are my questions about tracker:

Another question is when I initially access the visualizer or pivot tables (as the admin), an error screen will pop up saying “No organization unit levels found” - any thoughts on what this means? I’m still able to see all my org units…

Thanks in advance for your help!

~Natalie T

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Prosper Behumbiize, MPH
DHIS2 Implementation| HISP Uganda

prosper@hispuganda.org | prosper@dhis2.org | Skype: prospertb