Program Indicator to calculate and alert based on cases in an area

Hi All

I would like to create an alert for a program based on 3 or more probable cases being identified in an area. The alert will be sent out to staff to then go and intervene/vaccinate in this area based on the higher number of cases.

I think that I would need to create a program indicator to base an alert on, but I am not sure how to go ahead with creating it.

The basis of the indicator would be as follows as far as I understand:
(Case outcome == “probable”) >= 3

The filters would then be used to do this based on time and Org Unit - this is where I am getting stuck. How would I create a filter for the expression to only be analysed within a specific OrgUnit? Similarly, I would like this calculation (i.e. the 3 probable cases) to be filtered to within a one month period.

i.e. 3 probable cases must be reported in a specific OrgUnit within a month. If this is the case, then an alert will be sent out to vaccination teams to go vaccinate the area.

I would appreciate any suggestions or advice on how to go about doing this.

Thanks!
Terence

1 Like

Dear Terence,

This can be achieved with a combination of:-

1. Program indicators counting all events where Case outcome == probable (DONOT filter for any Orgunit in program indicator) only filter by outcome.

2. Aggregate Validation rules (Left side (Program indictor) Operator (<=3) and Right side Numeric 3). Ensure you specify the level of validation and this could be facility or district… i.e this where the filter by orgunit is applied
    https://play.dhis2.org/2.30/dhis-web-maintenance/#/edit/validationSection/validationRule/kgh54Xb9LSE

3. Validation notification where you specify the validation rule(s) to trigger the notification and the user group to send
    https://play.dhis2.org/2.30/dhis-web-maintenance/#/edit/validationSection/validationNotificationTemplate/vUIIx7YdarC

4. Set up the scheduling for monitoring for triggering the notification

Regards

3 Likes

Thank you @prosper - I am busy trying to implement this and appreciate your help.
The examples from Play certainly help also!

2 Likes