Problems with datamart

Hi Devs,
Have been discussing this offline with Lars, but figured I better put it on the list so that we can all benefit.

We have been bootstrapping a system with some legacy data and metadata. Basic procedure has been to transform data in flat files (Excel) into DXF and then import this into DHIS2.

First problem we came across here was that we did not specify the domain type of the data element. Since this property is NULLABLE in the database, DHIS2 seemed to happily excepted this misformed metadata. I think we should make the domain type NOT NULL, to ensure this does not happen when external metadata is imported into the system. I am not really sure what a data element with no domain type actually is, but at the very least, the API should return a warning. The consequence was this that these data elements were not available when creating report tables.

After we managed to import the data elements via DXF2, we imported some legacy data. Strangely, resources which depend on the analytics tables work fine (i.e. the new PivotTables). What does not work is anything related to the datamart (i.e. ReportTables, GIS, Visualizer). I can see the data in the data entry forms and the data browser, but nothing in these modules, which seems bizarre.

Any ideas what is going on?

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

I have made domaintype property not-null now in trunk and 2.11.

Working with Jason to resolve this.

Lars

···

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Devs,
Have been discussing this offline with Lars, but figured I better put it on the list so that we can all benefit.

We have been bootstrapping a system with some legacy data and metadata. Basic procedure has been to transform data in flat files (Excel) into DXF and then import this into DHIS2.

First problem we came across here was that we did not specify the domain type of the data element. Since this property is NULLABLE in the database, DHIS2 seemed to happily excepted this misformed metadata. I think we should make the domain type NOT NULL, to ensure this does not happen when external metadata is imported into the system. I am not really sure what a data element with no domain type actually is, but at the very least, the API should return a warning. The consequence was this that these data elements were not available when creating report tables.

After we managed to import the data elements via DXF2, we imported some legacy data. Strangely, resources which depend on the analytics tables work fine (i.e. the new PivotTables). What does not work is anything related to the datamart (i.e. ReportTables, GIS, Visualizer). I can see the data in the data entry forms and the data browser, but nothing in these modules, which seems bizarre.

Any ideas what is going on?

Regards,

Jason

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp