Problem in editing existing program (DHIS2 version 2.31)

Hello,
I have deployed version 2.31 in tomcat. Creating org unit, users, user roles, data elements, programs are ok. When I clicked a created program for editing, browser shows nothing.

The following are the contents of dhis.log file

• WARN 2018-12-16 13:46:08,575 Resolved [org.hisp.dhis.dxf2.webmessage.WebMessageException] (AbstractHandlerExceptionResolver.java [http-nio-8080-exec-5])
  • WARN 2018-12-16 13:46:12,264 Monitoring request failed, status code: null (DefaultMonitoringService.java [taskScheduler-3])
    org.springframework.web.client.HttpClientErrorException: 409 null
    at org.springframework.web.client.DefaultResponseErrorHandler.handleError(DefaultResponseErrorHandler.java:86)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.handleResponse(RestTemplate.java:708)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:661)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.execute(RestTemplate.java:621)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.postForEntity(RestTemplate.java:415)
    at org.hisp.dhis.dxf2.monitoring.DefaultMonitoringService.pushMonitoringInfo(DefaultMonitoringService.java:138)
    at org.springframework.scheduling.support.DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.run(DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.java:54)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  • WARN 2018-12-16 13:51:13,464 Monitoring request failed, status code: null (DefaultMonitoringService.java [taskScheduler-5])
    at org.springframework.web.client.DefaultResponseErrorHandler.handleError(DefaultResponseErrorHandler.java:86)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.handleResponse(RestTemplate.java:708)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.postForEntity(RestTemplate.java:415)
    at org.hisp.dhis.dxf2.monitoring.DefaultMonitoringService.pushMonitoringInfo(DefaultMonitoringService.java:138)
    at org.springframework.scheduling.support.DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.run(DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.java:54)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
  • WARN 2018-12-16 13:56:14,822 Monitoring request failed, status code: null (DefaultMonitoringService.java [taskScheduler-11])

1 Like

Hi @phil, is this something you can assist @khantmg with, please?

Best,
James.

Dear @khantmg,
When you say that you click the program for editing, do you mean that you tried to reopen a program in the maintenance app? Or do you mean that you accessed the program under the context of entering program data in tracker capture, event capture or the new capture app?

No matter which of these you meant, please open the developer tools in your browser, and see if there is any error messages showing up in the browsers console when trying to perform the operation.

Best regards,
Markus

2 Likes

I’m very sorry for my late response.
I think the problem is due to java or configuration of tomcat in xampp.
This issue is now solved by follwing method.
I install virtual machine on windows 10.
Install ubuntu 16.04 on virtual machine and follow installation guide in “Implementer guide”.
Thank you all for the response.

I’m now facing another issue. I don’t know whether I should open another topic or not.
The issue is a follow.

• I created an event program and add data elements, give view and edit permission for both metadata and data to user group that I’m a member of, define program rule variables and program rule.

• Then I open the capture app (new capture app), add a new event. Everything works fine.

• Then I created some new data elements (Data type is Text) and I add these newly created DE to the program that I mentioned above.

• I open the capture app (new capture app), select the same org unit, select the program and click “New”.

• No DE shows up (including the old ones (previously working fine) and the new ones) even after I selected a date in incidence date.

• Then I open the event capture app, select the same org unit, select the program and click “Register Event”.

• All DE (both old and new ones) show up but none of the program rules work.

Hey, sorry for the late reply - we have just gone through the holiday season here in Norway. Going forward it is preferrable to open new topics for new questions/problems, but let us handle this one right here :slight_smile:

I was not able to replicate the problem you describe. Did you clear the browser cache, or alternatively update the programs version - before trying the apps in step 4? Can you replicate in play.dhis2.org?

I suspected that you might have a section form with just one empty section, but this yields a different behavior in my tests. Did you use a custom form at some point for this program?

1 Like

Hello @khantmg,

A follow-up - did you manage to sort this out?

Best,
James.