Permissions for accessing analytics

Hi Mahendra,

this is likely related to sharing (access control per object). Can you check this:

• Is the chart private or shared with groups only, ie. not public or shared with the user you are logged in as?

• Is there any data elements, org units, etc part of the chart which is not shared with the current user?

If you clear cache and look in the tomcat logs it should give “read access denied” or similar.

If this is not the answer, could you please give me access to an online instance or db where I can test?

best regards,

Lars

···

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 7:00 AM, Mahendra Kariya mahendra.kariya@thoughtworks.com wrote:

Hi,

We have a user role with the following permissions. But the charts are not coming up for the user since analytics api call is not returning any data. If we give ALL permission to the user, charts start showing up. What permission are we missing?

• See dashboard integration module
  • See data visualizer module
  • See Pivot table module
  • See report module

Thanks,

Mahendra

ThoughtWorks

Okay, assuming it is working as expected - good to hear that.

Lars

···

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Mahendra Kariya mahendra.kariya@thoughtworks.com wrote:

Hi Lars,

We have created dashboards which are assigned to specific users. As a result, users are able to access the charts.

Thanks!

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 7:15 AM, Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Mahendra,

this is likely related to sharing (access control per object). Can you check this:

• Is the chart private or shared with groups only, ie. not public or shared with the user you are logged in as?
  • Is there any data elements, org units, etc part of the chart which is not shared with the current user?

If you clear cache and look in the tomcat logs it should give “read access denied” or similar.

If this is not the answer, could you please give me access to an online instance or db where I can test?

best regards,

Lars

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 7:00 AM, Mahendra Kariya mahendra.kariya@thoughtworks.com wrote:

Hi,

We have a user role with the following permissions. But the charts are not coming up for the user since analytics api call is not returning any data. If we give ALL permission to the user, charts start showing up. What permission are we missing?

• See dashboard integration module
  • See data visualizer module
  • See Pivot table module
  • See report module

Thanks,

Mahendra

ThoughtWorks