Offline DHIS2 Demo

Dear DHIS2 Developers,
I have planned a DHIS2 demonstration session for a group of HIS consultants. I have experienced a problem in connecting DHIS2 website in the past, and if it happens during my presentation it will not deliver a good message. Kindly help me in getting the demo copy on my disk.

Regards,
Chet Chaulagai

Hi Chet,

Just download and unzip DHIS2 Live from this page:
http://dhis2.org/

Knut

···

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Chet Chaulagai chaulagaichet@gmail.com wrote:

Dear DHIS2 Developers,
I have planned a DHIS2 demonstration session for a group of HIS consultants. I have experienced a problem in connecting DHIS2 website in the past, and if it happens during my presentation it will not deliver a good message. Kindly help me in getting the demo copy on my disk.

Regards,
Chet Chaulagai


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to his2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp


Cheers,
Knut Staring

Thanks Knut,
I did download, extract and run. The database is empty. How do I get sample data?
Chet

···

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Knut Staring knutst@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Chet,

Just download and unzip DHIS2 Live from this page:
http://dhis2.org/

Knut

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Chet Chaulagai chaulagaichet@gmail.com wrote:

Dear DHIS2 Developers,
I have planned a DHIS2 demonstration session for a group of HIS consultants. I have experienced a problem in connecting DHIS2 website in the past, and if it happens during my presentation it will not deliver a good message. Kindly help me in getting the demo copy on my disk.

Regards,
Chet Chaulagai


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to his2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp


Cheers,
Knut Staring

Hi Chet,

The sample database is available here

http://dhis2.org/download/dhis2-demo-2.3.zip

You will need to download the file, install Postgresql, restore the
database file, and change your hibernate.setting file in order to
utilize the sample database.

Your hibernate properties file needs to look something like this

# H2

#hibernate.dialect = org.hisp.dhis.dialect.H2Dialect
#hibernate.connection.driver_class = org.h2.Driver
#hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:h2:demo;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE
#hibernate.connection.username = sa
#hibernate.connection.password =

# PostgreSQL

hibernate.dialect = org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect
hibernate.connection.driver_class = org.postgresql.Driver
hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:postgresql:dhis2
hibernate.connection.username = postgres
hibernate.connection.password = postgres
# General

hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto = update

The exact parameters for the postgres database will depend on the name
of the database as well as the username and password which you use to
connect to the database.

I am not sure if a 2.3 version of the sample database is available in
H2 format, but it seems for the moment, Postgres is the only available
format.

Let us know if you have any issues.

Best regards,
Jason

···

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Chet Chaulagai <chaulagaichet@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Knut,
I did download, extract and run. The database is empty. How do I get sample
data?
Chet

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Knut Staring <knutst@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Chet,

Just download and unzip DHIS2 Live from this page:
http://dhis2.org/

Knut

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Chet Chaulagai <chaulagaichet@gmail.com> >> wrote:

Dear DHIS2 Developers,
I have planned a DHIS2 demonstration session for a group of HIS
consultants. I have experienced a problem in connecting DHIS2 website in the
past, and if it happens during my presentation it will not deliver a good
message. Kindly help me in getting the demo copy on my disk.
Regards,
Chet Chaulagai

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: DHIS 2 developers in Launchpad
Post to his2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : DHIS 2 developers in Launchpad
More help : ListHelp - Launchpad Help

--
Cheers,
Knut Staring

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: DHIS 2 developers in Launchpad
Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : DHIS 2 developers in Launchpad
More help : ListHelp - Launchpad Help