novice DHIS2 dev setup question

I’m trying to get DHIS2 running on my Ubuntu 14.04 desktop using the directions at https://www.dhis2.org/development. I’ve got Oracle Java 8 and Maven 3 installed (I was told that things had moved to Maven 3, even though the website mentioned Maven 2).

I’m using it with Eclipse Kepler (4.3) which is what comes bundled with this version of Ubuntu.

I’m able to run “mvn install” in the dhis-2 root directory and the dhis-2/dhis-web directories without any complaints. I’ve set up my hibernate.properties file in a DHIS2_HOME directory as set up in my shell.

When I go into dhis-web-portal and do “mvn jetty:run,” it begins its startup but then throws an error complaining of duplicate fragments. When I look at the files causing the problem, one of them is in the DHIS-2 tree and the other is in my ~/.m2/repository. When I edit the dhis-web/pom.xml file to add the AllowDuplicateFragmentNames option, I don’t get the duplicate fragment names error, but I do get an error about an attempt to instantiate two AsyncAnnotationBeanPostProcessor instances in the same context. It seems like another kind of duplication error, but I can’t figure out what is being duplicated and I’d also expect the pom.xml to work “out of the box”.

I’ve appended the output of “mvn jetty:run” for the AllowDuplicateFragmentNames configuratio.

To confuse things further, I can go into other subdirectories of dhis-web and do “mvn jetty:run” and actually get webapps to come up at localhost:8080, though I’m not sure they’re entirely functional.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ken Haase

···

Ken Haase
kh@beingmeta.com

Hi

To run individual modules, you can use mvn jetty:run as you do, but for the portal you must use mvn jetty:run-war

···

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Kenneth Haase kh@beingmeta.com wrote:

I’m trying to get DHIS2 running on my Ubuntu 14.04 desktop using the directions at https://www.dhis2.org/development. I’ve got Oracle Java 8 and Maven 3 installed (I was told that things had moved to Maven 3, even though the website mentioned Maven 2).

I’m using it with Eclipse Kepler (4.3) which is what comes bundled with this version of Ubuntu.

I’m able to run “mvn install” in the dhis-2 root directory and the dhis-2/dhis-web directories without any complaints. I’ve set up my hibernate.properties file in a DHIS2_HOME directory as set up in my shell.

When I go into dhis-web-portal and do “mvn jetty:run,” it begins its startup but then throws an error complaining of duplicate fragments. When I look at the files causing the problem, one of them is in the DHIS-2 tree and the other is in my ~/.m2/repository. When I edit the dhis-web/pom.xml file to add the AllowDuplicateFragmentNames option, I don’t get the duplicate fragment names error, but I do get an error about an attempt to instantiate two AsyncAnnotationBeanPostProcessor instances in the same context. It seems like another kind of duplication error, but I can’t figure out what is being duplicated and I’d also expect the pom.xml to work “out of the box”.

I’ve appended the output of “mvn jetty:run” for the AllowDuplicateFragmentNames configuratio.

To confuse things further, I can go into other subdirectories of dhis-web and do “mvn jetty:run” and actually get webapps to come up at localhost:8080, though I’m not sure they’re entirely functional.

Thanks,
Ken Haase

===================================================

11:55 haase@moby:…/dhis-web-portal$ mvn jetty:run
[INFO] Scanning for projects…
[INFO]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building DHIS Web Portal 2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] >>> jetty-maven-plugin:9.2.7.v20150116:run (default-cli) @ dhis-web-portal >>>
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-resources-plugin:2.5:resources (default-resources) @ dhis-web-portal —
[debug] execute contextualize
[INFO] Using ‘UTF-8’ encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 2 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) @ dhis-web-portal —
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-resources-plugin:2.5:testResources (default-testResources) @ dhis-web-portal —
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory /raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/src/test/resources
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ dhis-web-portal —
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO]
[INFO] <<< jetty-maven-plugin:9.2.7.v20150116:run (default-cli) @ dhis-web-portal <<<
[INFO]
[INFO] — jetty-maven-plugin:9.2.7.v20150116:run (default-cli) @ dhis-web-portal —
2015-11-18 11:55:49.042:INFO::main: Logging initialized @4410ms
[INFO] Configuring Jetty for project: DHIS Web Portal
[INFO] webAppSourceDirectory not set. Trying src/main/webapp
[INFO] Reload Mechanic: automatic
[INFO] Classes = /raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/classes
[INFO] Context path = /
[INFO] Tmp directory = /raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp
[INFO] Web defaults = org/eclipse/jetty/webapp/webdefault.xml
[INFO] Web overrides = none
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-commons-resources:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-ohie:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-uaa:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-sms:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-datadictionary:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-dataset:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-organisationunit:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-user:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-program:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-mobile:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-importexport:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-validationrule:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-dataentry:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-dashboard-integration:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-light:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-mobile:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-reporting:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-apps:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-appmanager:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] web.xml file = file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
[INFO] Webapp directory = /raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/src/main/webapp
2015-11-18 11:55:49.162:INFO:oejs.Server:main: jetty-9.2.7.v20150116
2015-11-18 11:57:22.511:INFO:/:main: No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
2015-11-18 11:57:22.530:INFO:/:main: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext

• WARN 2015-11-18 11:57:24,258 Configuration problem: Overriding globally registered AuthenticationManager
    Offending resource: URL [jar:file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-ohie-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war2/WEB-INF/lib/dhis-service-core-2.22-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/dhis/security.xml] (FailFastProblemReporter.java [main])
  • ERROR 2015-11-18 11:57:24,345 Context initialization failed (ContextLoader.java [main])
    org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Only one AsyncAnnotationBeanPostProcessor may exist within the context.
    Offending resource: URL [jar:file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-ohie-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war2/WEB-INF/lib/dhis-support-external-2.22-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/dhis/beans.xml]
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:70)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:85)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:72)
    at org.springframework.scheduling.config.AnnotationDrivenBeanDefinitionParser.parse(AnnotationDrivenBeanDefinitionParser.java:67)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:74)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1427)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1417)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:174)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.doRegisterBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:144)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:100)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:510)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:392)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:336)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:304)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:181)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:217)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:188)
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:125)
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:94)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:129)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:538)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:452)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:434)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:306)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ContextHandler.java:800)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ServletContextHandler.java:444)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:791)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:294)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startWebapp(WebAppContext.java:1349)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.maven.plugin.JettyWebAppContext.startWebapp(JettyWebAppContext.java:296)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1342)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:741)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:505)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.maven.plugin.JettyWebAppContext.doStart(JettyWebAppContext.java:365)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:132)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:114)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:61)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:163)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:132)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:114)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:61)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.start(Server.java:387)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:354)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.maven.plugin.JettyServer.doStart(JettyServer.java:73)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.maven.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMojo.java:534)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.maven.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.java:357)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.maven.plugin.JettyRunMojo.execute(JettyRunMojo.java:167)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
    2015-11-18 11:57:24.356:WARN:oejw.WebAppContext:main: Failed startup of context o.e.j.m.p.JettyWebAppContext@68fe48d7{/,[file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/src/main/webapp/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-commons-resources-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war1/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-ohie-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war2/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-uaa-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war3/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-sms-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war4/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-datadictionary-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war5/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-dataset-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war6/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-organisationunit-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war7/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-user-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war8/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war9/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-program-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war10/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-mobile-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war11/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-importexport-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war12/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-validationrule-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war13/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-dataentry-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war14/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-dashboard-integration-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war15/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-light-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war16/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-mobile-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war17/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-reporting-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war18/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-apps-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war19/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-appmanager-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war20/],STARTING}{file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/src/main/webapp/}
    org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Only one AsyncAnnotationBeanPostProcessor may exist within the context.|Offending resource: URL [jar:file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-ohie-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war2/WEB-INF/lib/dhis-support-external-2.22-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/dhis/beans.xml]
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:70)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:85)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:72)
    at org.springframework.scheduling.config.AnnotationDrivenBeanDefinitionParser.parse(AnnotationDrivenBeanDefinitionParser.java:67)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:74)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1427)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1417)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:174)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.doRegisterBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:144)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:100)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:510)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:392)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:336)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:304)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:181)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:217)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:188)
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:125)
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:94)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:129)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:538)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:452)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:434)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:306)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ContextHandler.java:800)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ServletContextHandler.java:444)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:791)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:294)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.maven.plugin.JettyWebAppContext.startWebapp(JettyWebAppContext.java:296)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:741)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.maven.plugin.JettyWebAppContext.doStart(JettyWebAppContext.java:365)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:163)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.maven.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMojo.java:534)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.maven.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.java:357)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
    2015-11-18 11:57:24.359:WARN:oejsh.RequestLogHandler:main: !RequestLog
    2015-11-18 11:57:24.388:INFO:oejs.ServerConnector:main: Started ServerConnector@608422e2{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:8080}
    2015-11-18 11:57:24.390:INFO:oejs.Server:main: Started @99758ms
    [INFO] Started Jetty Server

Ken Haase
kh@beingmeta.com

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Morten

Hi Ken,

its actually better to:

• Run the full WAR file in tomcat. Just build the source and drop dhis.war into tomcat/webapps:

https://www.dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/implementer/html/ch08s03.html#d5e531

• When doing development, then run individual modules as it means a faster development cycle. So if you are working on say data elements, you can run the data element module individually by navigating to dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance-datadictionary and invoking:

mvn jetty:run

best regards,

Lars

···

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 3:45 AM, Morten Olav Hansen mortenoh@gmail.com wrote:

Hi

To run individual modules, you can use mvn jetty:run as you do, but for the portal you must use mvn jetty:run-war

Morten

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Kenneth Haase kh@beingmeta.com wrote:

Thanks,
Ken Haase

===================================================

11:55 haase@moby:…/dhis-web-portal$ mvn jetty:run
[INFO] Scanning for projects…
[INFO]
[INFO] Building DHIS Web Portal 2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] >>> jetty-maven-plugin:9.2.7.v20150116:run (default-cli) @ dhis-web-portal >>>
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-resources-plugin:2.5:resources (default-resources) @ dhis-web-portal —
[INFO] Copying 2 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) @ dhis-web-portal —
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-resources-plugin:2.5:testResources (default-testResources) @ dhis-web-portal —
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory /raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/src/test/resources
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ dhis-web-portal —
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO]
[INFO] <<< jetty-maven-plugin:9.2.7.v20150116:run (default-cli) @ dhis-web-portal <<<
[INFO]
[INFO] — jetty-maven-plugin:9.2.7.v20150116:run (default-cli) @ dhis-web-portal —
2015-11-18 11:55:49.042:INFO::main: Logging initialized @4410ms
[INFO] Configuring Jetty for project: DHIS Web Portal
[INFO] webAppSourceDirectory not set. Trying src/main/webapp
[INFO] Reload Mechanic: automatic
[INFO] Classes = /raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/classes
[INFO] Context path = /
[INFO] Tmp directory = /raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp
[INFO] Web defaults = org/eclipse/jetty/webapp/webdefault.xml
[INFO] Web overrides = none
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-commons-resources:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-ohie:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-uaa:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-sms:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-datadictionary:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-dataset:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-organisationunit:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-user:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-program:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-mobile:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-importexport:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-validationrule:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-dataentry:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-dashboard-integration:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-light:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-mobile:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-reporting:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-apps:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Dependent war artifact org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-maintenance-appmanager:war:2.22-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] web.xml file = file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
[INFO] Webapp directory = /raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/src/main/webapp
2015-11-18 11:55:49.162:INFO:oejs.Server:main: jetty-9.2.7.v20150116
2015-11-18 11:57:22.511:INFO:/:main: No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
2015-11-18 11:57:22.530:INFO:/:main: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext

• WARN 2015-11-18 11:57:24,258 Configuration problem: Overriding globally registered AuthenticationManager
    Offending resource: URL [jar:file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-ohie-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war2/WEB-INF/lib/dhis-service-core-2.22-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/dhis/security.xml] (FailFastProblemReporter.java [main])
  • ERROR 2015-11-18 11:57:24,345 Context initialization failed (ContextLoader.java [main])
    org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Only one AsyncAnnotationBeanPostProcessor may exist within the context.
    Offending resource: URL [jar:file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-ohie-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war2/WEB-INF/lib/dhis-support-external-2.22-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/dhis/beans.xml]
    2015-11-18 11:57:24.356:WARN:oejw.WebAppContext:main: Failed startup of context o.e.j.m.p.JettyWebAppContext@68fe48d7{/,[file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/src/main/webapp/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-commons-resources-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war1/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-ohie-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war2/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-uaa-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war3/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-sms-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war4/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-datadictionary-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war5/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-dataset-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war6/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-organisationunit-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war7/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-user-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war8/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war9/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-program-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war10/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-mobile-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war11/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-importexport-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war12/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-validationrule-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war13/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-dataentry-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war14/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-dashboard-integration-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war15/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-light-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war16/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-mobile-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war17/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-reporting-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war18/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-apps-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war19/, file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-maintenance-appmanager-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war20/],STARTING}{file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/src/main/webapp/}
    org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Only one AsyncAnnotationBeanPostProcessor may exist within the context.|Offending resource: URL [jar:file:/raid1/src/dhis2/src/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/tmp/dhis-web-ohie-2_22-SNAPSHOT_war2/WEB-INF/lib/dhis-support-external-2.22-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/dhis/beans.xml]
    2015-11-18 11:57:24.359:WARN:oejsh.RequestLogHandler:main: !RequestLog
    2015-11-18 11:57:24.388:INFO:oejs.ServerConnector:main: Started ServerConnector@608422e2{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:8080}
    2015-11-18 11:57:24.390:INFO:oejs.Server:main: Started @99758ms
    [INFO] Started Jetty Server

Ken Haase
kh@beingmeta.com

Lars Helge Øverland

Lead developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

http://www.dhis2.org