Need assistance: Use case

Hi everyone,

Supervisors are supposed to supervise mentors making home visits in the community. On the first visit and follow-up visits the supervisor fills a checklist. For both visits, 98% of checklist questions are the same; only 2% of the checklist questions are specific to the follow-up visit.

Below are the two ways I am considering creating a tracker program:

Way I

1. Create a Tracked entity called mentor and their attributes
  2. Create one program stage for both visits: the first data element should be type of home visit having an option set (type of visit) attached to it. The rest of the data elements will be below type of home visit DE.
  3. The data elements that are specific to follow-up visit will hidden if the follow-up visit option is selected from the option set
  4. Create supervisor as user (He/she will us a tablet to fill the checklist)

Way II

1. Create a Tracked entity called mentor and their attributes
  2. Create one program stage for each visit: First visit program stage and follow-up visit program stage
  3. Create supervisor as user (He/she will us a tablet to fill the checklist)

I would like the community to help me decide which of the ways above makes sense or give me hints on how I should create the tracker program.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @ferdinandmussavene ,
I believe that both forms are valid. My advice is to design by checking the expected reports. If so, see which of the forms you have the reports in the easiest way.

I would particularly want to create a single stage that accepts multiple follow-up visits. Having mandatory questions to check whether this is the first visit or follow-up visit. And this variable would use to create indicators and program rules.

Boa Sorte! Good Luck!

1 Like

Hi there,

I would base all your architecture on the required reports and indicators.
Question is how many times mentor should visit? How many different questions could be there? Based on those either you can create single stage tracker, with indicating that 2% of different questions as a drop-down list. In this case you can put as much questions as you want for each visit and collect all your data, and select respective question based on the current number of visit.

Regards,
Ulanbek

3 Likes

Hi @Ulanbek,

There are only two visits for the mentor: first visit and follow-up visit: For the first visit, there are 29 questions and for the follow-up visit, there are 34 questions (29 questions which are the same as those of the first visit + 5 questions specific to follow-up visit).

Thanks

@ferdinandmussavene in that case how may be different the answers between visits? If there is not that big difference than group them into first and second visits.

Otherwise just create 2 stages and put all questions inside.

Regards

@ferdinandmussavene another way is to create just single stage and put inside all your questions. And only 5 of them show by the program rule: check if this is second case

Regards,