Misleading GIS error message

Dear Team,

This morning investigating a DATIM PEPFAR ticket I just realized that some error messages are not description enough to give a user enough information to identify the issues in their selections.

The user has many data elements and periods presented in pivot tables and when she turns to open the table as a map, the error message “No data Found” yet she is able to see the data in pivot table to add also she had hidden some empty rows.

This seem to be a dimension selection not easily handled by GIS dimension options of one thematics layer, one data element and one period.

The error probably would have been too much data to handle or something more descriptive.

I know GIS is undergoing a dramatic change, may be this could be added in the new App.

Let me know if I can add it as blue print?

Regards

···

Prosper Behumbiize, MPH
Global HISP| University Of Oslo/HISP Uganda
+256 752 751 776 | +256 776 139 139

prosper@hispuganda.org | prosper@dhis2.org | Skype: prospertb

Hi Prosper,

Write a blueprint. Thanks.

Jan

···

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 5:09 AM, Prosper BT ptb3000@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Team,

This morning investigating a DATIM PEPFAR ticket I just realized that some error messages are not description enough to give a user enough information to identify the issues in their selections.

The user has many data elements and periods presented in pivot tables and when she turns to open the table as a map, the error message “No data Found” yet she is able to see the data in pivot table to add also she had hidden some empty rows.

This seem to be a dimension selection not easily handled by GIS dimension options of one thematics layer, one data element and one period.

The error probably would have been too much data to handle or something more descriptive.

I know GIS is undergoing a dramatic change, may be this could be added in the new App.

Regards

Prosper Behumbiize, MPH

Thanks Jan,

Blue print submitted check it out to see if I need to clarify more

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/pivotgis

Regards

···

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Jan Henrik Øverland janhenrik.overland@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Prosper,

Write a blueprint. Thanks.

Jan

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 5:09 AM, Prosper BT ptb3000@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Team,

Regards

Prosper Behumbiize, MPH

Prosper Behumbiize, MPH