Metadata disappearing

Hi All -
We’ve had some issues recently with metadata disappearing. Its happened on our aggregate system, where the dataset and all associated data disappears; and some of our tracker systems where an entire program and all associated data/metadata disappear. Restarting the server fixes the issue. Memory does not seem to be an issue on any of the systems experiencing this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have ideas to prevent it?

I see there are some other threads mentioning metadata disappearing, but no real solutions presented.

I would appreciate any insight.

All the best,
Kayla

1 Like

Hi Kayla,

Would you be able to share screenshots of how these metadata are disappearing? Where are they disappearing? Is it in the Maintenance app? Please take a screenshot and if possible please open the Network tab (F12 → Network) and console to check if there are any errors there.

Additionally, are there any errors appearing in the Catalina.out log?

That could be a clue to understand the issue. Does clearing server cache from the Data Administrator → Maintenance → Clear application cache and reload apps, work? (If you test it, please open in the browser’s Guest mode so we can be 100% sure that the browser cache isn’t an issue).

I don’t have a system that is currently having this issue, but they are disappearing from the maintenance app, and also not available via the API. There are not errors in the logs. It does not seem to be a cache issue - I’ve tried clearing the browser and application cache.